Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $253 at Morgan Stanley Following Service Growth Survey
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 8, 2018 9:41 AM EST) (updated to expand analyst comments)
Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty raised her price target on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) to $253.00 (from $226.00) while maintaining an Overweight rating after an AlphaWise survey signals a long runway for Apple service growth.
The analyst highlights that with a maturing, more engaged iOS user base and broadening portfolio of Services, they believe Services represents the key growth driver for Apple over the next 5 years.
Huberty said the survey of US and China smartphone users increases confidence in sustained 20%+ annual Services growth and margin expansion as Services takes the growth baton from iPhone.
The analyst argues the market isn't pricing this in with consensus predicting Services growth rate slows to the mid-teens by FY20 and their Services forecast 11% above consensus over the next four years.
"While the market read announced changes to Apple financial disclosures negatively last week, we view it as a corroborating data point that Apple is approaching a services-led margin inflection, similar to when Amazon began breaking out AWS revenue and profits in 1Q15," she added.
The firm's analysis of the survey adds $27 incremental value tied to Services in our SOTP-driven PT of $253.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Talkspace (TALK) on Watch on Chatter
- Yihai International Holding Ltd. (1579:HK) (YNNHF) PT Lowered to HK$58 at Morgan Stanley
- Sands China Ltd. (1928:HK) (SCHYY) PT Lowered to HK$31 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Katy Huberty
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!