Apple (AAPL) 'Buy' Rating Reiterated at BofA as Survey Hints at Strong iPhone 7 Cycle
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BofA/Merrill Lynch reiterated a Buy rating on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) with a price target of $130. A survey by the bank indicated there is high intent to upgrade to the iPhone 7, even for owners of newer models. The report noted that this is contrary to expectations that the iPhone 7 will need to have revolutionary new features.
A BofA/Merrill Lynch survey showed 42% of the respondents who intend to purchase an iPhone are waiting for the iPhone 7. Additionally, 51% of those are waiting for the iPhone 7 are current iPhone 6 or 6+ users and another 26% are current 6S or 6S+ user. Of the current iPhone 5s owners, 49% plan to purchase the iPhone 6s or 6s plus, while 21% of current 5s owners are waiting for the iPhone 7.
There were 1000 respondents to the survey across various demographics.
Shares of Apple closed at $94.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BofA Securities Starts Vine Energy Inc. (VEI) at Buy on Location Driven Cost Advantages
- Maxeon (MAXN) Announces $125M Public Offering of Ordinary Shares
- UPDATE: BofA Securities Downgrades Lucira Health Inc. (LHDX) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!