Analysts highlight Microsoft's massive Generative AI opportunity after 365 Copilot presentation
- Wall Street ends volatile week higher as Fed officials ease bank fears
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- World stocks gyrate as bank contagion fears bite
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get Alerts MSFT Hot Sheet
43 Buy, 10 Hold, 1 Sell
Rating Trend: Down
Today's Overall Ratings:
Up: 9 | Down: 10 | New: 12
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Yesterday, Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) presented Copilot 365, which is currently in testing mode with selected customers.
The AI-powered tool combines large language models (LLMs) with business data and Microsoft 365 apps. First, it will be embedded in 365 apps - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc. Secondly, Microsoft also announced Business chat.
“Microsoft 365 Copilot isn’t just a better way of doing the same things. It’s an entirely new way of working,” the company said in a press release.
For analysts covering Microsoft, the new tool illustrates the massive opportunity lying ahead of the tech giant. Barclays analyst Raimo Lenschow says the announcement is yet “another point of momentum for the company’s offerings.”
“Microsoft is showing an ability to well monetize Generative AI functionality, which now pointed at a base of nearly 500 million commercial Office users suggests a massive opportunity ahead,” Morgan Stanley analyst Keith Weiss wrote in a client note.
Oppenheimer analyst Timothy Horan is even more bullish.
“We believe what will make this differentiated product very difficult for rivals to emulate is the optimization of the LLM (exclusive GPT-3 license, access to OpenAI code and processes) with Microsoft's orchestration engine (OpenAI's supercomputer exclusively resides on Azure), linking to the enormous corpus of 1.5B users' existing ecosystem data and files and other applications through Graph,” Horan said.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK's CMA Narrows Concerns Scope In Microsoft's (MSFT) Activision (ATVI) Deal
- Databricks Pushes Open-source Chatbot As Cheaper Chatgpt Alternative - Reuters
- Analysts continue to recommend Lululemon Athletica (LULU) shares into earnings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot List
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Barclays, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!