Amazon.com (AMZN) to Potentially Challenge Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) Ticketing Business over Long Term – BTIG
- S&P 500, Nasdaq close lower as traders cash in on latest megacap rally
- AI boom could continue to drive S&P 500 higher - Goldman
- Amazon reportedly eyes ad-tier of Prime Video streaming service: WSJ
- Deutsche Bank, Wells Fargo expect US recession to start in Q4 2023
- Artificial Intelligence Won't Lead to 'Holy Grail' of Stock Market Predicting, Say Experts
Get Alerts AMZN Hot Sheet
59 Buy, 4 Hold, 2 Sell
Rating Trend: = Flat
Today's Overall Ratings:
Up: 11 | Down: 8 | New: 16
Join SI Premium – FREE
BTIG analyst Brandon Ross summarizes the potential for Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) to jump into the ticketing business and become a force capable of challenging ticketing leader, Live Nation Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: LYV), ahead of the LYV February 23rd earnings call. Noting 1) Amazon has the aptitude to become an industry player, if it can gain access to US tickets market. 2) Amazon can target casual shoppers from its large user base, bundling tickets with other products. 3) Availability of the US market to Amazon considering exclusive venue agreements with TicketMaster (owned by Live Nation). Ross completes his analysis by suggesting Amazon does not present a near-time risk to Live Nation Entertainment, but could pose a long-term threat to Ticketmaster’s profitability. Amazon has already delivered a proof of concept model in the UK, the question is can it crack the US market?
Ross comments, “We are updating our estimates ahead of Live Nation’s Q4 earnings report tomorrow after the close. Our Q4 estimates are above consensus. However, we are taking a more cautious view of 2017… we see high single digit AOI growth for the company next year, we believe it could be tempered by tough comps in the promotion business, which may limit upside growth in amphitheater contribution and limit growth in Ticketing. We are also conscious of fx headwinds.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon (AMZN) Plans Ad Tier For Prime Video Streaming Service - WSJ
- Macy's (M) PT Lowered to $12 at UBS; We Expect Pressure on Earnings to Continue & See 25% Downside to our Price Target
- Amazon Also In Talks With Paramount Global On Ad Tiers - WSJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesEarnings, BTIG
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!