Amazon.com (AMZN) PT Raised to $2,085 at Oppenheimer on AWS Model Update to Add AI
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - April 1, 2019 9:07 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer analyst Jason Helfstein raised the price target on Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) to $2,085.00 (from $1,975.00) while maintaining a Outperform rating after a AWS model update to reflect their views on artificial intelligence and its impact on cloud adoption.
Helfstein said AWS is well positioned as AI leads productivity improvements, forcing faster enterprise cloud adoption.
The analyst said the benefit for AWS is twofold:
1) most organizations will gain access to AI through their cloud platform, driving cloud adoption;
2) AI applications and services are high-margin recurring revenues that will help lock in enterprise providers.
The analyst adds that with each new successful AWS "vertical," customers, regulators and investors will question whether AMZN should spin out AWS.
"We view this as possible when AMZN matures its advertising and video businesses," he said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Upgrades Sony Corp. (6758:JP) (SNE) to Overweight
- Kering SA (KER:FP) (PPRUY) PT Raised to EUR930 at Goldman Sachs
- Raytheon Technologies Corp. (RTX) PT Raised to $105 at Vertical Research Partners
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!