Amazon (AMZN) Has 49MM Prime Users, Cowen Estimates; PT Lifted to $960
- Wall St slumps as investors fret on rate hikes and recession
- Think September Was Bad? Watch Out for 'Octoberphobia', Stock Trader's Almanac Warns
- Goldman Sachs Slashes Year-End Target on S&P 500 to 3,600
- Oil: The 'R'-Word Rules as U.S. Crude Below $80 for Worst Week in 7
- Bond Crash of 2022 is a 'Doozy' - BofA
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Cowen analyst John Blackledge reiterated an Outperform rating and raised his price target on Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) to $960.00 (from $900.00) after the firm's proprietary data suggests 49MM US Prime members as of Aug ’16, a 33% CAGR vs. Jan '13, reflecting accelerating annual net adds.
Prime added 5MM members in ’13, 7MM in ’14, 10MM in ’15 and the firm's data suggests its tracking to 12MM adds in ’16, implying net adds accelerating at massive scale.
They estimate AMZN US Prime's remaining addressable market is over 60MM. Also they believe AMZN has a good opportunity to capture a significant amount of the ~30MM US SMBs over time.
"Prime growth has driven large overlap gains of traditional retailer customer bases, resulting in market share gains," Blackledge notes ."Prime purchasing data suggests AMZN can accelerate share gains in large non-trad'l verticals, such as Grocery."
Shares of Amazon.com closed at $805.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Slowing Investments Into Fulfilment Services Will Fuel Amazon's Profit Beats - Analyst
- Salvatore Ferragamo SpA (SFER:IM) (SFRGF) PT Lowered to EUR14.60 at Goldman Sachs
- Compagnie Financiere Richemont SA (CFR:SW) (CFRUY) PT Raised to CHF128 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!