After a Series of Video Game Release Delays, BMO Downgrades Take-Two (TTWO) to Market Perform
- S&P 500, Dow hit new highs; Big Tech struggles ahead of earnings
- Tesla (TSLA) Joins Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Google in Trillion Dollar Club
- PayPal (PYPL) Stock Soars Over 6% on Confirmation It Won't Acquire Pinterest (PINS) 'At This Time'; PINS Stock Down 11%
- Biggest Single EV Purchase Ever: Tesla (TSLA) Stock Soars as Hertz Orders 100,000 EVs in $4.2 Billion Deal, Analyst Bulled-up
- Oil prices reach multi-year highs on tight supply
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shares of Take-Two Interactive Software (NASDAQ: TTWO) are down over 1% after BMO analyst Gerrick Johnson downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform following a series of video game release delays.
Delays are now becoming “more of a disconcerting trend,” says Johnson, as investors are already worried about lower video game consumptions as the world emerges from COVID restrictions. China also poses a degree of risk.
“Tighter restrictions on online video game playing in China for children under 18 could affect TTWO more than other companies we cover. While TTWO generates less than 3% of net bookings from China, it is looked to as a growth opportunity. TTWO has consistently called out NBA 2K Online in China as a significant contributor to its financial results. It is the number one PC online sports game in China, with nearly 55 million registered users in the country,” Johnson wrote in a client note.
Furthermore, the analyst sees a heightened regulatory risk after the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing introduced a lawsuit against Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI)
“We anticipate the entire video game industry to come under intense scrutiny going forward. In situations like this, we expect content within TTWO's Grand Theft Auto Games, which many find objectionable, to become a lightning rod for critics.
As a result, the analyst also cut the price target to $150.00 per share from the prior $215.00.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Downgrades Thor Industries Inc. (THO) to Sector Weight as Supply Gets Better
- BDO Unibank, Inc (BDO:PM) (BDOUY) PT Raised to PHP145.60 at Goldman Sachs
- IMCD N.V. (IMCD:NV) (IMDZF) PT Raised to EUR191 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!