AMD (AMD) Tops KeyBanc's List of Semi Stocks to Own For 2022
- Wall Street ends lower as Cisco and Apple sink
- A Recession Could Push S&P 500 to 3360 - Goldman Sachs
- Palo Alto Networks Shares Surge 11% on Q3 Earnings Beat and Raise
- Twitter (TWTR) Says Musk Deal Not 'On-Hold', Won't Renegotiate Price
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/19: Palo Alto Ramps on Strong Results; Ross Stores Plunges (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KeyBanc analyst John Vinh expects to see another very strong year in the semiconductor industry.
The analyst is calling for revenue growth of 12% fueled by “broad-based end demand and healthy pricing, while key cyclical indicators, such as inventories, remain largely healthy.” He believes the cloud will remain a key growth driver for data center, while strengthening enterprise should be additive
“As there is likely to be peaking cyclical concerns, following three consecutive years of significant appreciation in the SOXX (+242% from 2019-2021), while a fourth year would be unprecedented, we recommend investors lean into more secularly focused names, but remain constructive on the broader cyclical stocks. We see semiconductor growth this year being punctuated by cloud data center, accelerating EV adoption in auto, industrial expansion, and continued rollouts of 5G globally,” Vinh said in a client note.
Vinh argues that AMD is “one of the most levered to cloud, while share gains (FB, MSFT) and increased capacity should drive outsized growth.” The analyst has a $155.00 per share price target on the stock.
AMD stock should benefit from the cloud growth and metaverse investments, Vinh added.
AMD stock price is down 1% in pre-market Friday.
By Senad Karaahmetovic | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AMD Selects Google Cloud to Provide Additional Scale for Chip Design Workloads
- Morgan Stanley on Tesla (TSLA): 'was overdue for a reset'
- ABN Amro (ABN:NA) (ABNRY) PT Lowered to EUR11.40 at UBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!