A Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) Special Dividend or Massive Buyback Could Be Coming in 2022 - Jefferies
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst Christopher LaFemina reiterated a Buy rating and $60.00 price target on Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) noting that at current spot copper and gold prices, the company should be in position to deliver surplus capital returns as soon as 3Q21, with a $3.2bn buyback and/or special dividend in 2022 and $8.2bn of potential buybacks/specials from 2022-24.
The analyst stated "if the copper price stays near the current level or rises further. On our estimates, assuming pre-growth annual capex of $2.2bn, free cash flow available for performance-based payments to shareholders, growth, and balance sheet strength would be $6.4bn for 2022, $5.0bn for 2023, $5.0bn for 2024, and $4.8bn for 2025. If we assume 50% of this is allocated to performance-based payments, this would imply surplus capital returns of $3.2bn for 2022 and about $2.5bn/yr for 2023 and 2024 at the current spot copper price of $4.52/lb."
Shares of Freeport-McMoRan closed at $40.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wilcon Depot Inc. (WLCON:PM) PT Raised to PHP25.50 at Macquarie
- AU Optronics (2409:TT) (AUOTY) PT Lowered to NT$24.70 at Macquarie
- Kweichow Moutai Co Ltd (600519:CH) PT Lowered to RMB2,105 at Macquarie
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!