3 reasons Edwards Lifesciences (EW) was downgraded at Piper Sandler today
- Wall Street ends volatile week higher as Fed officials ease bank fears
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- World stocks gyrate as bank contagion fears bite
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get Alerts EW Hot Sheet
22 Buy, 18 Hold, 1 Sell
Rating Trend: = Flat
Today's Overall Ratings:
Up: 9 | Down: 10 | New: 12
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
In a research note Monday, Piper Sandler analyst Adam Maeder downgraded Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE: EW) to Neutral, lowering the firm's price target on the stock to $80 from $95 per share.
Maeder told investors that the decision to cut the stock was based on three factors, including the firm's proprietary doc survey, Piper Sandler believing the U.S. TAVR market is becoming increasingly competitive, and the fact they see a less-than-ideal stock set-up behind what it views as lofty FY2023 guidance.
"The biggest disappointment from our survey was the respondents' expected TAVR volume growth in the coming years. More specifically, our survey participants expect their aggregated volumes to grow +6.3% / +4.5% / +6.2% y/y, in 2023-2025, respectively," explains Maeder.
In addition, the firm sees the US TAVR market becoming more competitive. While Piper Sandler doesn't expect market leadership to change any time soon, they believe the market "will become increasingly competitive in future years."
"EW's initial FY '23 guidance came in better than expected, particularly on the top line, and given the recent challenges in the TAVR marketplace, we see Street numbers for '23 as a touch lofty with not much opportunity for upside to materialize. We also believe 2023 represents a fairly "light" year from a catalyst standpoint," the analyst concluded.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Reliance Industries (RIL:IN) PT Lowered to INR2,900 at Kotak
- Godrej Consumer Products Ltd. (GCPL:IN) PT Raised to INR1,200 at Jefferies
- JD Health International Inc (6618:HK) PT Lowered to HK$80 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!