Walt Disney (DIS) Shares Take a Hit as Guggenheim Downgrades to Neutral on Slower Profit Climb
- Nasdaq ends down as investors eye Black Friday sales, China infections
- Apple (AAPL) could see a $6B hole in FQ1 iPhone revenue due to Foxconn troubles - analyst
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) slips on report FTC likely to oppose $69B Microsoft (MSFT) deal
- Manchester United (MANU) shares jump again on Saudi interest
- Bitcoin (BTC) price struggles to rebound as Binance launches $1 billion recovery fund
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Guggenheim analyst Michael Morris downgraded shares of Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) to Neutral from Buy with a price target cut to $165.00 per share from $205.00.
The Neutral rating reflects Guggenheim’s “updated view of the pace of profit growth at the company’s direct-to-consumer and parks businesses, which is now below consensus through fiscal 2024.”
“While we believe the worst of the overall bear-case narrative is understood (digital growth challenges, parks trend volatility and cost inflation), we still see shares as close to fairly valued at 17x our 2023E EBITDA and 30x P/E, particularly ahead of what we expect will be downward consensus revisions,” the analyst said in a client note.
On a more positive note, the analyst sees a positive in the fact that Disney plans to increase the total 2022 programming spend by $ 8 billion. This is “under-appreciated in a consensus outlook that expects the DTC business to approach breakeven by fiscal 2023.”
“We do see positive business signs, including ahead of consensus F1Q22 Disney+ subscriber additions (our 10mm versus consensus 6.8mm) bolstered by Hulu + Live bundling. However, broader business pressure has us revisit our target 12-month valuation, now at $165 as detailed within,” Morris added.
Disney stock price is down 1.7% in pre-open Friday.
By Senad Karaahmetovic | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bharat Electronics Ltd (BHE:IN) PT Raised to INR120 at BofA Securities
- Nitori Holdings Co., Ltd (9843:JP) (NCLTY) PT Raised to JPY15,900 at Credit Suisse
- Luxshare Precision (002475:CH) PT Raised to RMB40.40 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesHulu, Pre Market Movers, Guggenheim, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!