UPDATE: Raymond James Upgrades TPI Composites (TPIC) to Strong Buy
- Wall Street rallies as Fed minutes meet expectations
- NVIDIA Shares Drop 6% on Disappointing Guidance, While Q1 Earnings Beat
- Apple (AAPL) Reportedly Behind Schedule in Development of the New iPhone, Analyst Cuts Price Target on Risk to June Quarter iPhone Revenue
- Oil edges higher on tight supply, rising U.S. refining activity
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/25: NVIDIA, Snowflake Sink on Weaker Guidance; Williams-Sonoma Surges on Strong Numbers (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 20, 2019 7:09 AM EDT)
(updated to add analyst comment)
Raymond James analyst Pavel Molchanov upgraded TPI Composites (NASDAQ: TPIC) from Outperform to Strong Buy with a price target of $32.00.
The analyst comments "We are upgrading TPIC from Outperform to Strong Buy, the first time we have done so since its IPO in 2016. Despite the different industry, this rating change is conceptually similar to our upgrade of Chart Industries on August 13. At a time when the clean tech index (ECO) is up 38% YTD, both stocks experienced outsized dislocation in recent weeks - and, in fact, TPIC is down 29% YTD. In the case of TPI, the culprit was the August 7 cut in EBITDA guidance for 2020 - the latest illustration of margin choppiness due to production line transitions. In our opinion, while such choppiness is inherent in the business model, the stock's re-rating to its lowest-ever EBITDA multiple indicates that the margin risk is fully priced in. Meanwhile, opportunities in the heavy-duty EV market remain underappreciated and provide essentially free optionality vis-à-vis future catalysts."
Shares of TPI Composites closed at $17.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP) to Overweight
- Tata Motors Ltd. (TTMT:IN) (TTM) PT Lowered to INR530 at Morgan Stanley
- Phoenix Mills Ltd (PHNX:IN) PT Raised to INR1,400 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesRaymond James, Pavel Molchanov, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!