UBS Starts Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) at Buy
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - March 28, 2016 8:23 AM EDT)
UBS initiated coverage on Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A) with a Buy rating and a price target of $244,500. Analysts said structural advantages position Berkshire to outperform.
"We believe that the current uncertain economic and market environment plays into the hands of BRK, with its structural advantages of permanent capital, strong cash generation and industry-leading portfolio of businesses. This enables BRK to make acquisitions and/or invest in its operating units despite challenging environments, positioning it to grow earnings and book value faster than the S&P 500. We believe this will ultimately lead to multiple expansion for BRK's shares, which are currently trading well below their historical price/book multiple. We also see limited downside given BRK's intentions to repurchase shares at 1.2x book value," said UBS.
Shares of Berkshire Hathaway closed at $210530.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Upgrades Simon Property Group (SPG) to Buy
- Saipem (SPM:IM) (SAPMY) PT Raised to EUR2.28 at Morgan Stanley
- Babcock International Group Plc (BAB:LN) (BCKIF) PT Raised to GBP2.60 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesWarren Buffett, UBS, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!