Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Upgrades JPMorgan (JPM) to Outperform; Dip Creates 'Quality Opportunity'
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - February 13, 2018 8:54 AM EST)
(updated to add analyst comments)
Keefe, Bruyette & Woods upgraded JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $127.00.
Analyst Brian Kleinhanzl said the sell-off in bank stocks has created an opportunity for bank stock investors to upgrade quality at a reasonable valuation.
He notes shares of JPM currently trade at 11.3 times their 2019 EPS estimate and they believe the risk/reward is favorable at this time.
"We believe the market is pricing in a scenario for bank stocks, and JPM, that is overly pessimistic given our expectations for the macroenvironment near term," the analsyt commented. "We admit macro risks have increased, but it is when risks are increasing that we would expect higher-quality bank franchises - such as JPM - to outperform."
Shares of JPMorgan closed at $111.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tupperware Brands (TUP) Upgraded to 'Buy' at Citi on Encouraging Turnaround Progress, Shares Gain
- Wartsila Oyj Abp (WRT1V:FH) (WRTBY) PT Raised to EUR9.20 at Goldman Sachs
- Altus Group Ltd. (AIF:CN) (ASGTF) PT Raised to Cdn$68 at TD Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesKeefe, Bruyette & Woods, JPMorgan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!