Baird Says Focus on Telsa (TSLA) Production Ramg and LT Goals, Not Q2 Miss
- Wall Street dips as strong retail data boosts Treasury yields
- Electronic Arts (EA) Rebounds on Reaffirmed Guidance Despite Battlefield 2042 Delay, Be Concerned But Not Worried Says Analyst
- U.S. retail sales surprise to upside in strong boost to economy
- Chat Platform Discord Raises $500 Million, Valuation More Than Doubled In Less Than a Year
- Dollar index jumps after U.S. retail sales show surprise rebound
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Baird analyst Ben Kallo reiterated an Outperform rating and $338 price target on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA), saying while Q2 missed the production ramp and long-term goals are in focus.
Kallo commented, "Q2 revenue was in line with our estimate, but TSLA missed on EPS with higher-than-expected OPEX. Additionally, gross margin missed consensus estimates and was pressured during the quarter with the Model S refresh and X ramp, but automotive gross margin improved sequentially, which was better than we expected. Importantly, TSLA reaffirmed its 2H:16 delivery target of ~50k vehicles, expects margins to ramp in 2H:16 given higher manufacturing efficiency, and the Model 3 remains on track for 2H:17 production."
For Q3, they expect TSLA to deliver ~12k Model S and ~9k Model X vehicles, generating ~$2.07B in revenue, and ~$0.00 in EPS. For 2016, we estimate revenue of ~$8.21B and EPS of ($0.39) vs. our previous estimates of $8.34B/$0.00, respectively.
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $225.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lucid's (LCID) Debut Sedan Awarded 520-Mile EPA Rating, Eclipsing Tesla (TSLA) - Bloomberg
- Lundin Energy AB (LUNE:SS) (LNEGY) PT Lowered to SEK261 at Deutsche Bank
- Antofagasta Plc. (ANTO:LN) (ANFGF) PT Lowered to GBP13.10 at Deutsche Bank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Ben Kallo, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!