Ambarella's (AMBA) Price Target Raised to $75 at Pacific Crest as Drones Expected to be 'Huge' this Holiday
- Wall St near even, dragged by Nike 6% drop after warning
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Pacific Crest maintained an Overweight rating on Ambarella (NASDAQ: AMBA) and raised its price target to $75.00 (from $53.00). Analyst Brad Erickson said drones are expected to be "huge this holiday."
In a separate note, Erickson said GoPro (NASDAQ: GPRO) checks indicate a three-SKU holiday lineup versus prior expectations of two. In his view, this and positive drone commentary for the holiday are "promising."
"Specialty drone store commentary indicates huge holiday builds are coming," said Erickson. "After talking with 12 specialty drone retailers, we believe drone sell-through over the past several months has been in line with expectations. Based on management commentary and retailer feedback, we expect a rush of new products for the holiday, many of which at lower price points and from new entrants to the space. Thus, while we expect tailwinds to Ambarella’s October quarter, sell-through will determine whether this momentum is sustainable."
"Ambarella has consistently outexecuted expectations since going public, and we expect the same this quarter. Ambarella has exceeded revenue and earnings expectations by an average of 4.8% and 29.2%, respectively, over the past 13 quarters," added the analyst. "Due to our views of GoPro bringing three SKUs instead of two (see our GPRO note, also published today) and positive drone reseller commentary around holiday builds, we are raising our estimates slightly."
Shares of Ambarella closed at $70.54 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Upgrades Ambarella (AMBA) to Overweioght
- SSE Plc. (SSE:LN) (SSEZY) PT Raised to GBP18.22 at Goldman Sachs
- Titan Company (TTAN:IN) PT Raised to INR2,500 at Macquarie
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesPacific Crest Securities, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!