Sassy Mobilizes for Drilling at Westmore Discovery
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / July 13, 2021 / Sassy Resources Corporation ("Sassy" or the "Company") (CSE:SASY)(FSE:4E7)(OTCQB: SSYRF) is pleased to announce that crews have mobilized for the start of 2021 drilling at the Company's Westmore gold-silver discovery where a first-ever series of relatively shallow drill holes last fall confirmed that widespread surface mineralization in quartz vein swarms and stockworks extends to a vertical depth of at least 200 meters and remains open in all directions.
Sassy is aggressively following up on this new grassroots discovery in Northwest B.C.'s prolific Eskay Camp while exploration crews are also preparing for a busy summer along the More Creek Corridor and Hanging Valley areas where upcoming results from a recently completed VTEMš Survey will serve as an important guide.
Mr. Mark Scott, Sassy CEO, commented: "This is an exciting time for Sassy as we carry out fully-funded exploration campaigns in Canada's two most exciting gold camps right now, Eskay and Newfoundland. Armed with the data gathered during the 2020 field season and our recently-completed Foremore VTEM√§ Survey, we now know the Westmore Intrusive to be much larger than originally thought and coeval with some of the significant economic deposits in the region. We look forward to following up this year on the extensive high-grade gold identified at surface, the very encouraging 2020 preliminary drilling at Westmore and the VTEM√§ results we're confident will generate a number of new targets for follow up across the Foremore Property."
- Phase 1 diamond drilling, beginning mid-July, will focus on the Westmore Discovery Zone and will be designed to test areas where 2020 surface sampling highlighted high-grade gold and silver values hosted in quartz vein swarms and stockworks that cut the Westmore Intrusive;
- 2019-2020 surface sampling at Westmore produced 860 surface samples with an average grade of 2.78 g/t Au. 145 of these samples (17%) were equal to or greater than 1.0 g/t and the top 20 surface samples from Westmore averaged 74.7 g/t Au and 574.7 g/t Ag (see table below);
- Sassy recently completed a 1,687 line-kilometer airborne VTEM√§ Survey of the entire Foremore Property. Preliminary interpretation of the data generated by this high resolution, deep penetrating survey is ongoing;
- Phase 2 diamond drilling will be guided by VTEM√§ results and will test several gold-silver plus base metal occurrences identified by Sassy in the More Creek Corridor, and the Hanging Valley area on the east side of the Foremore Property;
- Geological mapping and prospecting will continue at Westmore to define local controls to the gold-silver mineralization identified in 2020 and to define other gold-silver rich areas within the Westmore Intrusive.
Westmore Discovery zone - Top 20 SURFACE SAMPLES
Total 2019-2020 Samples: 860 | Average gold grade: 2.78 g/t | 145 samples or 17% >1 g/t Au
Note: Investors are cautioned that surface rock samples are selective in nature and are not necessarily
representative of mineralization hosted on the property.
Foremore Project Map
Sassy Launches New Website: SassyResources.com
Sassy Resources is pleased to announce the official launch of its new corporate website, SassyResources.com . The new site hosts a wealth of Company information, photo galleries, videos, a new corporate presentation and detailed project-by-project descriptions of the Company's holdings in Newfoundland and the Eskay Camp. Current and prospective investors are encouraged to visit the new site and register for Company news alerts and updates as work progresses on the ground at each of the Company's projects and information is added regularly to the new site.
To view the new Sassy Corporate Deck, visit the home page of the website or the following URL:
The technical information in this news release has been reviewed and approved by Mr. Ian Fraser, P.Geo., Vice President of Exploration for Sassy Resources. Mr. Fraser is the Qualified Person responsible for the scientific and technical information contained herein under National Instrument 43-101 standards.
About Sassy Resources Corporation
Sassy Resources is an exploration stage resource company currently engaged in the identification, acquisition and exploration of high-grade precious metal and base metal projects in North America. Its current focus is the Foremore Gold-Silver Project located in the Eskay Camp, Liard Mining Division, in the heart of Northwest B.C.'s prolific Golden Triangle.
Caution Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Investors are cautioned that, except for statements of historical fact, certain information contained in this document includes "forward looking information", with respect to a performance expectation for Sassy Resources Corporation. Such forward looking statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections formulated using assumptions believed to be reasonable and involving a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Such factors include, without limitation, fluctuations in foreign exchange markets, the price of commodities in both the cash market and futures market, changes in legislation, taxation, controls and regulation of national and local governments and political and economic developments in Canada and other countries where Sassy carries out or may carry out business in the future, the availability of future business opportunities and the ability to successfully integrate acquisitions or operational difficulties related to technical activities of mining and reclamation, the speculative nature of exploration and development of mineral deposits, including risks obtaining necessary licenses and permits, reducing the quantity or grade of reserves, adverse changes in credit ratings, and the challenge of title. The Company does not undertake an obligation to update publicly or revise forward looking statements or information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, unless so required by applicable securities laws. Some of the results reported are historical and may not have been verified by the Company.
Chief Executive Officer & Director
Sassy Resources Corporate Communications/IR
Managing Director - Star Finance GmbH
The CSE has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this news release. Neither the CSE nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the CSE) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE: Sassy Resources Corporation
View source version on accesswire.com:
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Closing of the acquisition by Apollo Funds of approx. 67% stake in RDM group
- CBD COP15 NGO Parallel Forum to be held soon
- College of American Pathologists Honors 31 Members/Residents at CAP21 Annual Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAccesswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!