SQID Investee Company Launches Olahbola Esports Series
- S&P, Dow futures edge higher ahead of inflation data
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil prices tick up after robust China data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Soars 5% to Fresh Record Highs Ahead of Coinbase IPO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MELBOURNE, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA / ACCESSWIRE / March 25, 2021 / SQID Technologies Limited (CSE:SQID).
SQID currently holds a 50% shareholding in ICON Esports Pty Ltd (ICON), the owner of The Chiefs Esports Club which is Australia's leading esports brand and the largest in Oceania.
SQID is undertaking the technical development of integrating its payment processing solutions into the ICON web and mobile app platforms.
ICON in partnership with SportsHero (ASX:SHO), has announced the official launch of the OlahBola Esports Series with ICON and international tournament platform, ESPL.
- ICON and SportsHero have partnered with international tournament platform ESPORTS PTE LTD (ESPL) to host the first OlahBola Esports Series, with participants required to have an OlahBola account
- Phase 1 rollout of the OlahBola Esports Series consists of 9 tournaments across 3 video game titles including; Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, PUBG Mobile and Garena Free Fire which will be held between April and June
- ICON and SportsHero are in discussions with commercial partners and global brands that will generate revenue from the OlahBola Esports Series.
Launch of The OlahBola Esports Series
ICON and SportsHero announced they will jointly operate and co brand a series of esports tournaments (OlahBola Esports Series) in Indonesia to leverage its 3 million users in monetizing its OlahBola app platform.
- Tournaments will be hosted on the ESPL platform, with all participants required to have registered an OlahBola account
- Total of 9 tournaments across 3 different video game titles hosted between April 8 to June 17.
- It expected approximately 8,000 players to participate.
- A professional broadcaster will broadcast the tournament.
SQID will review further opportunities to leverage its payment processing solutions for SportsHero.
On behalf of the board of directors.
For more information, please contact:
About SQID Technologies
SQID Technologies is a payment processor head quartered in Australia with a proprietary software platform for online debit or credit card payments for both retail and wholesale transactions. It provides merchant services and transaction processing to business merchants and e-commerce customers across both Business to Business' (B2B) and Business to Consumer' (B2C) segments to bridge both retail and wholesale transactions through its platform. For more information on SQID please visit https://sqidpayments.com.au.
THE CANADIAN SECURITIES EXCHANGE HAS NOT REVIEWED AND DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR ADEQUACY OF THIS RELEASE.
FORWARD LOOKING INFORMATION
Any forward-looking statements in this news release are not guarantees of future performance and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other important factors, many of which are beyond the control of the Company, its directors and management.
SOURCE: SQID TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
View source version on accesswire.com:
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nighthawk Commences Phase I of the 2021 Exploration Program on Its Indin Lake Gold Property
- Extreme Networks Names John Abel Chief Information Officer
- SYSPRO Rebrands as It Commits to Securing a Digital Future for Global Manufacturers and Distributors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAccesswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!