Geochronology Study Highlights Potential of Sassy's Westmore Gold-Silver Discovery
- Wall St gains with upbeat earnings and forecasts
- Amazon (AMZN) Tops Q2 EPS by $2.90, Revenue Misses, Q3 Guidance Falls Short of Consensus
- Robinhood (HOOD) IPO Opens Flat
- Didi (DIDI) Gains on WSJ Report It Considers Going Private, Company Denies
- Facebook (FB) Tops Profit and Revenue Estimates, But Shares Lower on Warning of Significant Growth Slowdown, Analyst Still Raises PT to a New 'Street High'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / June 11, 2021 / Sassy Resources Corporation ("Sassy" or the "Company") (CSE:SASY)(FSE:4E7)(OTCQB: SSYRF) is pleased to announce that as exploration crews prepare to follow-up on last fall's gold-silver discovery in first-ever drilling at the Westmore target, in the southwest corridor of the Company's 100%-owned Foremore Project in Northwest B.C.'s Eskay Camp, a geochronology study completed by Dr. Kevin Chamberlain at the University of Wyoming has put the mineralizing event at Westmore within the same geological timeline as other deposits in the district and elsewhere in the broader Golden Triangle.
- 189.6 Ma is the interpreted age of the Westmore granodiorite intrusive, meaning it was part of a major Early Jurassic magmatic event that was also responsible for the epithermal gold mineralization at Brucejack, Snip, Red Mountain and Spectrum, and porphyry mineralization at KSM;
- The gold-bearing quartz veins from the Westmore discovery zone contain galena that overlaps in composition with the field of Jurassic-aged galena from the Eskay Creek mine, and these veins cross-cut the 189.6 Ma Westmore granodiorite;
- Age-dating of targets within the multi-km-long More Creek VMS system and the under-explored Hanging Valley area further to the east confirms the Foremore Property experienced at least two separate periods of mineralizing events ahead of the Westmore zone (~327 Ma for More Creek and ~377 Ma for the Hanging Valley). This helps explain the very distinct styles of mineralization at Foremore and will help guide geologists in their modeling of new discovery opportunities.
Dr. Peter Lightfoot, Sassy technical advisor, commented: "The results of the study provide important new insights with respect to the age of the granodiorite that hosts gold-bearing quartz vein mineralization at Westmore, along with the quartz veins and mineralization itself. The exciting results of this study confirm that the Westmore system and associated mineralization falls within the productive peak Early Jurassic metallogenesis in the Golden Triangle."
Mr. Mark Scott, Sassy CEO, added: "This is shaping up to a busy summer for Sassy as we carry out exploration in Canada's two most exciting gold camps right now - Newfoundland and Eskay. Results from this geochronology study underscore our belief in the discovery potential at Foremore where our immediate priority will be follow-up drilling at the Westmore Discovery Zone where in 2020 the first six diamond drill holes ever drilled at Westmore intersected multiple auriferous quartz veins and wide intervals of anomalous alteration at this exciting grassroots target. Armed with the data gathered during the 2020 field season, we now understand the Westmore intrusion to be much larger than originally thought and we look forward to following up this year on the extensive high-grade gold identified at surface and the very encouraging 2020 preliminary drilling."
Foremore Gold-Silver Project Map
The technical information in this news release has been reviewed and approved by Mr. Ian Fraser, P.Geo., Vice President of Exploration for Sassy Resources. Mr. Fraser is the Qualified Person responsible for the scientific and technical information contained herein under National Instrument 43-101 standards.
About Sassy Resources Corporation
Sassy Resources is an exploration stage resource company currently engaged in the identification, acquisition and exploration of high-grade precious metal and base metal projects in North America. Its current focus is the Foremore Gold-Silver Project located in the Eskay Camp, Liard Mining Division, in the heart of Northwest B.C.'s prolific Golden Triangle.
Caution Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Investors are cautioned that, except for statements of historical fact, certain information contained in this document includes "forward looking information", with respect to a performance expectation for Sassy Resources Corporation. Such forward looking statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections formulated using assumptions believed to be reasonable and involving a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Such factors include, without limitation, fluctuations in foreign exchange markets, the price of commodities in both the cash market and futures market, changes in legislation, taxation, controls and regulation of national and local governments and political and economic developments in Canada and other countries where Sassy carries out or may carry out business in the future, the availability of future business opportunities and the ability to successfully integrate acquisitions or operational difficulties related to technical activities of mining and reclamation, the speculative nature of exploration and development of mineral deposits, including risks obtaining necessary licenses and permits, reducing the quantity or grade of reserves, adverse changes in credit ratings, and the challenge of title. The Company does not undertake an obligation to update publicly or revise forward looking statements or information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, unless so required by applicable securities laws. Some of the results reported are historical and may not have been verified by the Company.
Chief Executive Officer & Director
Sassy Resources Corporate Communications/IR
Managing Director - Star Finance GmbH
The CSE has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this news release. Neither the CSE nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the CSE) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE: Sassy Resources Corporation
View source version on accesswire.com:
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jadestone Energy PLC Announces Total Voting Rights
- Riber : 2021 First-Half Revenues
- ACT Announces Minority Investment from Bridgepoint, Valuing the Environmental Markets Leader at Over $1 Billion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAccesswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!