Braille Energy Systems Inc. Overcomes Major Cold Weather Hurdle Common in Lithium-Ion Batteries for Its Fleet-Lite Group 31 Fleet Battery
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
OTTAWA, ON / ACCESSWIRE / March 8, 2021 / Braille Energy Systems Inc. (formerly Mincom Capital Inc.) (TSX-V:BES) ("BESI" or the "Company"), is pleased to announce that it has completed its Cold Weather Testing Program on its F31 FLEET-LITE Commercial Fleet Battery.
As previously communicated in a Company press release dated August 2, 2018, the F31 Lithium Battery was designed as a replacement alternative to Group 31 Lead Acid and AGM batteries primarily for Commercial Trucking applications. The main attributes of the Braille Battery F31 lithium-ion replacement battery solution include:
- 1/3 the weight of a Traditional Group 31 Lead resulting which can result in an increase in payload and reduce work-related injuries
- "All in one" solution can be used for starting applications or deep cycle power supply
- Double the cranking amps of leading Group 31 AGM Batteries
- Longer lasting than traditional Lead Acid and AGM Batteries&.6000+ Life Cycle
- Charges 5X faster than Lead Acid and AGM
- Can be connected to Solar Charger
- Maintenance free in comparison with lead-acid
- Manufactured in the USA
"Given the impact of severe cold climate within the commercial trucking industry and the effect of cold weather in lithium batteries, it was crucial we highlight the design architecture of our Fleet-Lite Group 31 Lithium Battery under such conditions," said BESI President and CEO, Lindsay Weatherdon. "Lithium Batteries in general should not be discharged or charged below -4℉ (-20℃) which has been a barrier to entry for Lithium Technology in the Commercial Trucking Industry; the objective was to highlight the length of time that our F31 Fleet Battery will maintain core temperature above -4℉ (-20℃) during rest breaks or hotelling when the truck is not operational. The results are very impressive."
- Length of time It takes for F31's internal temperature to drop to -4℉ (-20℃) from 104℉ (40℃) under -22℉ (-30℃) environment = 17 Hours
- Length of time it takes about for F31's internal temperature to drop to -4℉ (-20℃) from 104℉ (40℃) under -40℉ (-40℃) environment = 11 Hours
The testing report was performed by Eurofins E&E North America, a leading global service for product safety approvals and regulatory certification of electrical products. Eurofins has facilities, accreditations, and 60 years of experience getting products approved and to market faster. Eurofins is qualified to NRTL certify products in over 200 UL Standard categories and can test up to an additional 230+ standards for the U.S. market. For Canada, Eurofins maintains a wide scope of SCC accreditations and also offers expert third-party testing to almost any product safety standard for the European Union or Asia Pacific.
"The results presented in the test report certainly show that the F31 Fleet-Lite commercial Lithium-ion battery exhibits excellent cold temperature performance," said Dr. Joseph Doninger, Technical Consultant for BESI.
Mr. Weatherdon continued, "Today's announcement is a significant milestone as we eliminate a major barrier to entry in the important commercial trucking industry as a replacement upgrade for lead acid. We continue to advance our product portfolio of best in class, made in the U.S.A., clean technology replacement lithium batteries."
Dr. Joseph Doninger, BESI's Technical Consultant, is the Qualified Person under National Instrument 43-101 - Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects - has reviewed and approved the technical content of this news release. Dr. Doninger is an internationally recognized graphite processing expert and himself, the inventor of a number of patents and an author of over 27 technical papers and presentations related to graphite processing and the use of graphite in energy storage systems. Dr. Doninger is a co-editor on the NATO Science Series book titled "New Carbon Based Materials for Electrochemical Energy Storage Systems". Dr. Doninger is also an Honorary Professor at the Department of Chemistry from the Kiev National University of Technologies and Design.
For additional product and pricing information about the F31 battery and the entire Braille Battery family of products and solutions, please visit our website at: www.braillebattery.com or please email the Company at email@example.com.
About Braille Energy Systems Inc.
Braille Energy Systems Inc. holds an 89.95% equity interest in Braille Holdings Inc., which holds a 100% equity interest in Braille Battery Inc. Braille Battery is an established battery-manufacturing and energy storage company supplying batteries to the professional motor sports industry and the pioneer of a complete line of lightweight high powered battery systems for the transportation market. Braille Energy Systems (BESI) will expand its market penetration into a wider range of market segments that require lightweight, high-performing energy solutions, using the most scientifically advanced materials. For additional information about BESI and Braille Battery products, please visit our website at: www.brailleenergysystemsinc.com or www.braillebattery.com.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This news release may contain assumptions, estimates, and other forward-looking statements regarding future events. Such forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties and are subject to factors, many of which are beyond the Company's control that may cause actual results or performance to differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements.
Braille Energy Systems Inc. Investor Contacts:
SOURCE: Braille Energy Systems Inc.
View source version on accesswire.com:
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Core One Labs Negotiates Milestone Acquisition With Akome Biotech Ltd.
- Lyndra Therapeutics Presents Promising Phase 2 Data on Once-Weekly Oral Risperidone Treatment, LYN-005, in Development for Schizophrenia
- Kibali Goldmines Rejects SOKIMO Claim
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAccesswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!