Vanguard Group Now Owns a 6.1% Stake in Tesla (TSLA), Up 34% from Q3
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In a 13G filing on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), passive fund manager Vanguard Group disclosed a 6.1%, or 57,814,310 share, stake in the company. This is up 33.58% from the 43,281,548 shares held at the end of the latest quarter ending Sept 30, 2020. The firm held the shares as of Dec. 31, 2020.
The fund is now the second-largest holder behind CEO Elon Musk.
The addition from Vangaurd is in part likely related to Tesla's addition to the S&P 500 on December 21, 2020.
For more notable holders of Tesla stock click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) option implied volatility decreases
- Musk's bitcoin turnaround pleases some Tesla investors
- How murky legal rules allow Tesla's Musk to keep moving markets
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Gs, Hedge Funds
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Vanguard, 13G, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!