Treehouse Foods (THS) Said to Face Jana Pressure to Explore Sale - Bloomberg
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - February 10, 2021 9:22 AM EST)
Activist investor Jana Partners has called on Treehouse Foods (NYSE: THS) to launch a strategic review, including exploring a potential sale, according to a report from Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter.
Jana built a roughly 7.5% stake and has nominated three directors, according to a 13D filing this morning.
Jana sees the stock as undervalued and thinks there might be interested suitors following buyout firm's interest in private label brands in recent years.
Talks are constructive and ongoing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ginkgo Bioworks Said to Weigh Over $20B Deal with Soaring Eagle Acquisition (SRNGU) - Bloomberg
- JLL (JLL) Said to Weigh Sale of China Property Management Business - Bloomberg
- Grab is said to announce deal with Altimeter Growth Corp (AGC) next week - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesJANA Partners LLC, 13D
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!