LionEye Capital Management LLC Raises Stake in Asbury Automotive (ABG) to 6.2%, Files 13D
- Nasdaq closes lower as chipmaker Micron's warning renews tech rout
- Citi’s Top Equity Strategist Warns Analysts are Too Bullish on Stocks
- Bank of America Clients Continue to Buy the Rally, New Data Shows
- Novavax (NVAX) Crashes 30% After a Deep Guidance Cut, Analyst 'Frustrated'
- 'Hard to Say' Whether Current Crypto Bear Market is Over - Morgan Stanley
In a 13D filing on Asbury Automotive (NYSE: ABG), LionEye Capital Management LLC disclosed a 6.2%, or 1,888,500 share, stake in the company. This is up 85.88% from the 1,015,969 shares held at the end of the latest quarter ending June 30, 2014.
Purpose of Transaction:
The Reporting Persons purchased the Shares based on the Reporting Persons’ belief that the Shares, when purchased, were (and continue to be) undervalued and represented an attractive investment opportunity. Consistent with their investment purpose, the Reporting Persons have had or may in the future have discussions with the Issuer’s management, members of the board of directors (the “Board”) and other shareholders and have offered and may offer suggestions and advice to the Issuer regarding measures and changes that would maximize value per share. Such discussions and advice may concern the Issuer’s capital structure and allocation, strategic transactions, governance and other matters that the Reporting Persons deem relevant to their investment in the Issuer. Depending upon overall market conditions, other investment opportunities available to the Reporting Persons, and the availability of Shares at prices that would make the purchase or sale of Shares desirable, the Reporting Persons may endeavor to increase or decrease their position in the Issuer through, among other things, the purchase or sale of Shares on the open market or in private transactions or otherwise, on such terms and at such times as the Reporting Persons may deem advisable.
For more notable holders of Asbury Automotive stock click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Softbank to sell some or all of its holdings of SoFi Technologies (SOFI)
- Cathie Wood Says Fed Will Usher In Rate Cuts Next Year - Bloomberg
- Greenlight Capital Takes a Position in Twitter (TWTR) - Reports
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!