LionEye Capital Management LLC Raises Stake in Asbury Automotive (ABG) to 6.2%, Files 13D
- Q4 off to shaky start as stocks stumble, but oil jumps
- Tesla (TSLA) Now 'Unlikely' to Hit Its 50% Delivery Growth Goal for 2022 - Analyst
- Citi Cuts Year-end S&P 500 Price Target to 4000, Introduces 2023 PT of 3900
- Oil jumps more than $3 as OPEC+ weighs biggest output cut since 2020
- European Stocks Lower; U.K. Tax U-Turn, Credit Suisse Woes in Focus
In a 13D filing on Asbury Automotive (NYSE: ABG), LionEye Capital Management LLC disclosed a 6.2%, or 1,888,500 share, stake in the company. This is up 85.88% from the 1,015,969 shares held at the end of the latest quarter ending June 30, 2014.
Purpose of Transaction:
The Reporting Persons purchased the Shares based on the Reporting Persons’ belief that the Shares, when purchased, were (and continue to be) undervalued and represented an attractive investment opportunity. Consistent with their investment purpose, the Reporting Persons have had or may in the future have discussions with the Issuer’s management, members of the board of directors (the “Board”) and other shareholders and have offered and may offer suggestions and advice to the Issuer regarding measures and changes that would maximize value per share. Such discussions and advice may concern the Issuer’s capital structure and allocation, strategic transactions, governance and other matters that the Reporting Persons deem relevant to their investment in the Issuer. Depending upon overall market conditions, other investment opportunities available to the Reporting Persons, and the availability of Shares at prices that would make the purchase or sale of Shares desirable, the Reporting Persons may endeavor to increase or decrease their position in the Issuer through, among other things, the purchase or sale of Shares on the open market or in private transactions or otherwise, on such terms and at such times as the Reporting Persons may deem advisable.
For more notable holders of Asbury Automotive stock click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Buffett's Berkshire Adds Another ~$370M in Occidental Petroleum (OXY) Stock on Sell-Off
- Elliott could seek seat on Swedish Match board -source
- Druckenmiller Says Dow Won't Be Much Higher 10 Years From Now - Cnbc
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!