Deckers Outdoor (DECK) Story Heats Up after Martinez Replaced as Chairman Amid Political Ambitions
- S&P 500, Dow open higher on earnings optimism
- Broadcom (AVGO) to Acquire VMware (VMW) for Approximately $61 Billion in Cash and Stock
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Falls on Downbeat Guidance, Evercore ISI Remains a Buyer as Shares Trade Near an 'Estimated Floor of $150'
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Dips on Report It Expects Flat iPhone Production This Year
- Alibaba (BABA) Shares Jump 3% as eCommerce and Cloud Demand Drives Solid Q4 Beat
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Activist investor Mick McGuire of Marcato Capital received a move in the right direction in his pursuit to get Deckers Outdoor (NYSE: DECK) sold after it was announced Thursday evening that Chairman and former CEO, Angel Martinez, would step down as Chairman of the UGG-maker.
McGuire was critical of Mr. Martinez's current run for mayor of Santa Barbara, CA, calling his political ambitions a "distraction."
The Board of Deckers appears to agree with McGuire's thinking and decided it was time for a rotation at the top. Martinez will continue to serve as a director of the company.
John Gibbons, who was appointed to replace Martinez as Chairman, is Deckers' lead independent director and has been described as "very capable."
This news comes at an important time for the company which has been reviewing strategic alternatives since April with the help of bankers at Moelis & Company.
The Chairman move is said to be unrelated to the sale process, which is said to be "ongoing."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wendy's (WEN) Gains as Peltz' Trian to Explore Transaction
- Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Considers Buying Wendy's (WEN), Analyst Says Deal is Feasible
- Musk pledges more equity to fund Twitter deal, scraps margin loan
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMarcato Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!