Hedge Fund Insider
Search Hedge Fund Holdings
Hedge Fund News
- Kibbutz Issues Response to Caesarstone (CSTE); Calls Commentary Misleading
- Anchorage Capital Group, L.L.C. Raises Stake in Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMHC) to 15.2%; Changes Filing Status to 13D
- Cannell Capital Raises Stake in Build-A-Bear (BBW) to 8.2%; Seeks to Nominate Board Member, Tender Offer
- Consolidated-Tomoka (CTO) Announces Proposal from Wintergreen Advisors; Suggests Sale of Company
- Sandell Disappointed Preliminary Results Indicate Nominees Not Elected to Ethan Allen's (ETH) Board
- See More
Highlighted TradeJuly 2, 2015 - In a 13G filing, Leon Cooperman's hedge fund Omega Advisors disclosed a 5.21%, or 1,116,567 share, stake in Loral Space and Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL). This is up 31.74% from the 847,580 shares held at the end of the latest quarter ending May 31, 2015.
|Ticker||# of Shares||Price||Value|
|View Additional Portfolio Information »|
Daniel S. Loeb runs $4.5 billion New York-based hedge fund Third Point LLC, which he founded in 1995. Loeb is known for his scathing letters to companies, in which he often criticizes management and pushes for changes. He has focused on investments in biotech and oil/gas, among other areas. Loeb is considered an activist investor, but also has many passive investments.
Loeb graduated from Columbia University.
Loeb in known for collecting art, enjoying yoga and living large. Loeb spent $45 million for a 10,000 sq penthouse at 15 Central Park West.