GMS Inc. (GMS) Misses Q2 EPS by 4c, Miss on Revenues
GMS Inc. (NYSE: GMS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.51, $0.04 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.55. Revenue for the quarter came in at $648 million versus the consensus estimate of $663.45 million.
Second Quarter 2018 Highlights Compared to Second Quarter 2017
- Net sales increased 9.5% to a record $648.0 million; base business net sales increased 5.1%
- Wallboard unit volume grew 4.3% to a record 929 million square feet
- Net income increased to $18.0 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, compared to $17.2 million, or $0.42 per diluted share
- Adjusted EBITDA grew 9.5% to a record $54.2 million
- Gross margin expanded 20 basis points to 32.8%
- Acquired ASI Building Products, LLC in Michigan and Washington Builders Supply, Inc. in Pennsylvania during the second quarter
For earnings history and earnings-related data on GMS Inc. (GMS) click here.