Ferrellgas Shares Winter Weather Preparedness Tips
LIBERTY, Mo., Nov. 01, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. (NYSE: FGP) Fall weather will soon give way to even cooler temperatures, and in many parts of the country, snow will soon start to fly. The key to staying comfortable and safe during the cold winter months is planning ahead. That’s why Ferrellgas would like to share these reminders from the Propane Education & Research Council with you. Please familiarize yourself with this checklist as you and your family prepare for the winter season.
- Maintain an adequate supply of propane in your tank. Call your local propane provider when your propane tank percentage is at 30%. A severe storm can hinder additional propane deliveries.
- Keep the path to your propane tank clear. A clear path helps drivers get to your tank easily, fill it quickly, and move on to our next valued customer.
- Allow your appliances to vent properly. If it is safe to do so, clear snow and ice away from outdoor vents, chimneys, and flues to prevent blocking any ventilation.
- Clear snow and ice from around your propane tank. This includes regulators, regulator vents, piping, tubing, and valves. Use a broom instead of a shovel to prevent damage to your propane system components.
- Never use a stove or bring your gas grill indoors for space heating, even during a power outage. Only use appliances indoors if they are approved for that purpose. Never store, place, or use a propane cylinder indoors or in an enclosed area. Without proper ventilation, deadly carbon monoxide (CO) fumes produced can build up.
- Operate portable generators with caution. Never use a portable generator (gasoline, diesel, or propane) indoors or in enclosed areas. Doing so can result in carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning or death.
If you would like to learn more about propane or need a fill before winter weather is here, please contact your local Ferrellgas office. You can find a location near you by visiting www.ferrellgas.com/locations/.
Ferrellgas Partners, L.P., through its operating partnership, Ferrellgas, L.P., and subsidiaries, serves propane customers in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, and provides midstream services to major energy companies in the United States. Ferrellgas employees indirectly own 22.8 million common units of the partnership, through an employee stock ownership plan. Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. filed a Form 10-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission on September 28, 2017. Investors can request a hard copy of this filing free of charge and obtain more information about the partnership online at www.ferrellgas.com.
Jim Saladin, Media Relations – firstname.lastname@example.org, 913-661-1833
Source: Ferrellgas Partners, L.P.