Cloudera Announces Fifth Annual Data Impact Awards Finalists
PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Cloudera, Inc. (NYSE: CLDR), the modern platform for machine learning and analytics optimized for the cloud, announced finalists for this year's Data Impact Awards. In its fifth year, the awards program increased by 65 percent in number of nominations from 2016. The Data Impact Awards recognize the leading organizations that are running Cloudera Enterprise in a production environment, resulting in innovations that demonstrate the biggest impacts to technology, science, health, lifestyle, and community across a wide variety of industries. The winners will be announced at the annual Data Impact Awards Celebration on Tuesday, 26th September in tandem with Strata Data 2017, New York.
Finalists were selected by a panel of third-party thought leaders in the data management and analytics space, from executives and industry analysts to professors and media experts.
"It's clear from the entries for the Data Impact Awards that real companies are delivering meaningful transformation with advanced data processing solutions across all industries," said first-year judge, Maribel Lopez, founder of Lopez Research. "The entrants are improving operational efficiencies, but also delivering new business models such as 'as-a-service' offerings."
"The caliber and sheer diversity of use cases made it more challenging than ever to choose winners this year," said fourth-year judge, Tony Baer, principal analyst at Ovum. "The breadth of the candidate pool revealed just how far enterprises in sectors outside classic early adopters have matured in their understanding of big data and harnessing the power of the community. The use cases have grown sufficiently compelling, that the Data Impact Awards really lived up to their name this year."
This year's finalists, listed by award theme and category, are:
- Business Impact
- Instrument Your Business: Deutsche Telekom IT GmbH, Hitachi Rail Europe (nominated by Pentaho, a Hitachi Group Company), Leidos, Octo, UBS (nominated by Cognizant)
- Secure Your Business: Centrify, DWANGO Co., Ltd., PNC Bank - Analytics and Portfolio Management, RingCentral (nominated by Streamsets), Western Union (nominated by Streamsets)
- Customer Insight: Credit Suisse (nominated by Cognizant), Novantas, PT Bank Danamon Indonesia Tbk, Sky Network Television Limited, TE Connectivity
- Technical Impact
- Cloud Pioneers: Air New Zealand (nominated by Enterprise IT), Celgene (nominated by Deloitte), Komatsu (nominated by Microsoft), Maersk Line, Panera Bread (nominated by CenturyLink)
- Innovators in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence: MasterCard, Podo, Shoppermotion, Thomson Reuters, Voith Digital Solutions
- Special Impact
- Modern Architecture for Big Results: BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange); BT Group Plc; TD Bank Group; T-Mobile; large global healthcare leader
- Rookie of the Year: Ascension, Availity (nominated by Streamsets), GlaxoSmithKline (nominated by Anaconda, AtScale, Cloudwick Technologies, Kinetica, Streamsets, Tamr, and Zoomdata), Qrious Limited, Voya Financial
- Societal Impact: Baylor College of Medicine - Human Genome Sequencing Center (HGSC), Cerner, Dignity Health, Kaiser Permanente (nominated by Trifacta), Be the Match
The Data Impact Award finalists were selected by a global team of 32 judges:
- Olivia Duane Adams, Chief Customer Officer, Alteryx, Inc, @alteryxlibby
- Tony Baer, Principal Analyst, Ovum, @TonyBaer
- Alberto Belle, Principal Analyst, Delfos Research, @delfosresearch
- Brian Buntz, Content Director, Iot Institute, Informa, @brian_buntz
- Philip Carnelley, Research Director, Enterprise Software, IDC Europe, @Pcarnelley
- Brian Carpenter, Co-Host, The Hot Aisle Podcast, @intheDC
- James Curtis, Senior Analyst, Data Platforms & Analytics, 451 Research, @jmscrts
- Jason Dai, Senior Principal Engineer and CTO of Big Data Technologies, Intel, @intel
- Raj Dalal, Founder & Principal Analyst, BigInsights, @BigInsights
- Juan Garcia Morgado, Research and Consulting Director, IDC Spain, @jgarciamorgado
- Bob Gourley, Co-Founder Cognitio and Publisher, CTOvision.com, ThreatBrief.com, @BobGourley
- Karthik Krishnamurthy, Global Head and SVP, Interactive, IoT, Analytics and AI, Cognizant Digital Business, @kkrishn
- Maribel Lopez, Founder, Lopez Research, @MaribelLopez
- Mark Madsen, President, Third Nature, Inc., @markmadsen
- Maria Jose Marzal, Director, Computerworld & CIO/CSO @mjmarzal
- Mike Matchett, Senior Analyst & Consultant, Taneja Group, @smworldbigdata
- William McKnight, President, McKnight Consulting Group, @williammcknight
- Sanjeev Mohan, Research Director, Gartner, @SanjMo
- Holger Mueller, Principal Analyst & VP, Constellation Research, @holgermu
- Yves Mulkers, Consultant, Architect, and Social Media Manager, 7wData, @YvesMulkers
- Ikuo Nakagawa, Ph.D, Invited Associate Professor, Osaka University, @go_go_ikuo
- Carl Olofson, Research Vice President for Data Management Software Research, IDC, @databaseguru
- Brent Piatti, Digital Business Lead, Dell EMC, @BrentPiatti
- Tom Pringle, Head of Applications Research, Ovum, @Ovum
- Neil Raden, CEO & Principal Analyst, Hired Brains Research, @neilraden
- Manjeet Rege, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Graduate Programs in Software, University of St. Thomas, @ManjeetRege
- Svetlana Sicular, Research VP, Gartner, @Sve_Sic
- Rebecca Thompson, Vice President, Avere Systems, @averesystems
- Dato' Ng Wan Peng, COO, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), @mymdec
- Adam Wilson, CEO, Trifacta, @a_adam_wilson
- Dan Yarmoluk, Director of Business Development, IIoT and Analytics, ATEK Access Technologies, @YarmolukDan
- Liu Feng Yuan, Director (Data Science), Government Digital Services, Government Technology Agency, Singapore, @fengyuanliu
About ClouderaAt Cloudera, we believe that data can make what is impossible today, possible tomorrow. We empower people to transform complex data into clear and actionable insights. We deliver the modern platform for machine learning and analytics optimized for the cloud. The world's largest enterprises trust Cloudera to help solve their most challenging business problems. Learn more at cloudera.com.
Connect with ClouderaAbout Cloudera: cloudera.com/more/about.htmlRead our VISION blog: vision.cloudera.com/ and Engineering blog: blog.cloudera.com/Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/clouderaVisit us on Facebook: facebook.com/clouderaJoin the Cloudera Community: community.cloudera.comRead about our customers' successes: cloudera.com/more/customers.html
Cloudera, Hue and associated marks and trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected performance and benefits of Cloudera's offerings. The words "believe," "may," "will," "plan," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If the risks materialize or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our Form S-1 Registration Statement, and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Cloudera assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cloudera-announces-fifth-annual-data-impact-awards-finalists-300516676.html
SOURCE Cloudera, Inc.