GMS Inc. (GMS) Misses Q1 EPS by 10c, Miiss on Revenues
GMS Inc. (NYSE: GMS) reported Q1 EPS of $0.36, $0.10 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.46. Revenue for the quarter came in at $642.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $646.8 million.
First Quarter 2018 Highlights Compared to First Quarter 2017
- Net sales increased 16.8% to a record $642.2 million; base business net sales increased 7.8%
- Wallboard unit volume grew 11.8% to a record 914 million square feet
- Net income increased to $15.3 million, or $0.36 per diluted share, compared to $9.2 million, or $0.24 per diluted share
- Adjusted EBITDA grew 14.8% to a record $52.8 million
- Net debt to LTM Pro Forma Adjusted EBITDA improved to 2.9x from 3.4x
- Reduced the interest rate on the Company’s first lien term loan by 50 basis points and extended the maturity to April 2023
- In August 2017, acquired a leading provider of ceilings and other quality building products in Eastern Michigan
For earnings history and earnings-related data on GMS Inc. (GMS) click here.