Avago Tech (AVGO) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Issues Q3 Outlook
Avago Tech (NASDAQ: AVGO) reported Q2 EPS of $2.13, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $2.01. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.61 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.63 billion.
Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2015 Business Outlook
Based on current business trends and conditions, the outlook for continuing operations for the third quarter of fiscal year 2015, ending August 2, 2015, including projected contributions from the Emulex acquisition, is expected to be as follows:
|Sequential Change in Net Revenue||$1,729M +/- $25M||$11M||$1,740M +/- $25M|
|Gross Margin||49.5% +/- 1%||$187M||60.00% +/- 1%|
|Interest and Other||$42M||($1M)||$43M|
|Diluted Share Count||287M||8M||295M|
Projected reconciling items:
- Non-GAAP Revenue includes $11 million of LSI intellectual property licensing revenue not included in GAAP revenue as a result of the effects of purchase accounting for the LSI acquisition;
- Non-GAAP Gross Margin includes the effects of $11 million of LSI intellectual property licensing revenue and excludes the effects of $118 million of amortization of intangible assets, $46 million of inventory step-up charges to record Emulex inventory at fair value, as part of the purchase accounting for the Emulex acquisition, $8 million of share-based compensation expense, $3 million of restructuring charges, and $1 million of acquisition-related costs;
- Non-GAAP Operating Expenses exclude $74 million of share-based compensation, $62 million of amortization of intangible assets, $25 million of restructuring charges and $17 million of acquisition-related costs;
- Non-GAAP interest and other excludes $1 million of gain on extinguishment of debt; and
- $25 million provision at the Taxes line represents the tax effects of the reconciling items noted above.
Capital expenditures for the third fiscal quarter are expected to be approximately $160 million. For the third fiscal quarter, depreciation is expected to be $52 million and amortization is expected to be $180 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Avago Tech (AVGO) click here.