Deutsche Bank Upgrades Ford (F) to Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/27 - 10/31: Fed Ends Easing; Q3 was Tough on Social Media Giants; Apple CEO Cook Gets Personal
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
Deutsche Bank upgraded Ford (NYSE: F) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $19.00 (from $18.50).
Analyst Rod Lache comments, "Ford’s pickup truck price premium vs. GM’s has declined to the lowest level in years (to ~$150/unit vs. a 5-year average of $3,000), which seems to offer a significant pricing opportunity. And perhaps just as significantly, we now believe that Ford’s new F150 will be significantly more cost competitive than we originally perceived (the aluminum body may only add $750-$800 cost, and there have been opportunities to save elsewhere in the vehicle). This conclusion, combined with our favorable views of Ford’s prospects in Europe and China, leave us increasingly confident that Ford is heading for a significant earnings inflection in 2015-2016."
Shares of Ford closed at $15.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades MPLX LP (MPLX) to Buy
- TD Securities Upgrades Mercer International (MERC) to Hold
- Cantor Fitzgerald Upgrades Seattle Genetics (SGEN) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!