Berenberg Upgrades Nucor (NUE) to Buy; Sees Good Entry Point
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Berenberg upgraded Nucor (NYSE: NUE) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $57, saying they see a good entry point on valuation and as steel prices rise.
Analyst Alessandro Abate commented, " We upgrade Nucor to Buy from Hold on valuation grounds, driven by our higher US hot-rolled flat steel (HRC) price estimates ($525/st from $515/st) reflected in our 2017E EBITDA and EPS at $2.5bn (+4%) and $2.94 (+6.2%). Our 2017E price target drops to $57.00 from $57.50 on higher 2017E net debt. After a sharp Q3 correction, US steel price momentum has increased by $30/st since late October. This happened due to currently low US steel industry utilisation rates (66.4%), declining imports (September data show 10% mom declines, 3.2% yoy) and lower inventory into the year-end just as US scrap prices are set to rebound in the next couple of weeks, in our view. This will underpin apparent demand recovery into Q1 2017 and support Nucor’s share price re-rating."
Shares of Nucor closed at $47.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berenberg Upgrades Nucor (NUE) to Buy
- Nucor to Acquire Southland Tube
- Instinet Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesUpgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!