UPDATE: Tesla (TSLA) Shares Drop to Session Lows; Update on S-4 on SolarCity Merger
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 11, 2016 10:31 AM EDT)
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) shares drop to session lows.
UPDATE - According to an amended S-4 filing, the company stated:
It also serves as the prospectus by which Tesla will offer and issue shares of its common stock as merger consideration.
In connection with the Merger and the continuing operations of the Combined Company following the Merger, Tesla may refinance a significant amount of indebtedness and otherwise require additional financing; it cannot guarantee that it will be able to obtain the necessary funds on favorable terms or at all.
Tesla may elect to refinance certain of SolarCity’s indebtedness even if not required to do so by the terms of such indebtedness. In addition, Tesla may need or want to raise additional funds for the operations of the Combined Company following the Merger. Tesla and SolarCity have been and may continue to be engaged in discussions with certain potential financing sources, including with respect to one or more credit facilities to be entered into by Tesla or SolarCity at the time of the closing of the Merger, funds from which would be used in part to make any such refinancing and to provide a source of additional funds and liquidity for the operations of the Combined Company following the Merger. However, the ability of the Combined Company to obtain such financing will depend on, among other factors, prevailing market conditions at the time of the closing of the Merger and other factors beyond the control of the Combined Company. There is no assurance that the Combined Company will be able to obtain additional financing on terms acceptable to the Combined Company, or at all.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) Entered Confidentiality Agreement with Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Pertaining to BCEI's Chapter 11 Proceeding
- Aqua America (WTR) Offers FY17 Guidance
- Spirit Airlines (SAVE) Offers Update on Q4 and FY17 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!