UPDATE: Citigroup (C) Teams Up with Rival Banks to Fight Venmo - DJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 28, 2016 1:57 PM EDT)
Citigroup (NYSE: C) is set to join fellow big banks in building a peer-to-peer payments app in the hope of fending off fintech upstarts like Venmo, according to Dow Jones. The report states Citi will become a member of clearXchange, the group that is developing Zelle smartphone app to directly compete with PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), Square (NYSE: SQ), and others.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sealed Air (SEE) to Spin-Off Diversey Care and Related Hygiene Business
- JetPay (JTPY) Announces Receipt of Significant Investment; New Board Appointment Made
- CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP) Prices 4M Common Stock IPO at $14/Share, Below Prior Expectations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!