Twitter (TWTR) Gains as Disney Investment Values BAMTech at $3B
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Gains in Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) shares Wednesday are in part seen tied to Walt Disney's $1 billion investment in BAMTech for a 33% stake. The investment values BAMTech at $3 billion, versus ~$13 billion for Twitter.
Formed by MLB, BAMTech is a leading technology services and video streaming company. Twitter has its own video streaming technology, including Periscope and Vine.
Share of TWTR are up 2.4%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) Acquires Yes Inc and Names Keith Coleman VP of Product
- Delta Reports Financial and Operating Performance for November 2016
- Twitter (TWTR) Active, Shares Gain
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!