Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 08/08: (DELL) (VC) (MHR) Above; (OWW) (SINA) (AINV) Below
- GM (GM) No Longer 'Government Motors'
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/9: (CMTL) (LL) (DDD) Higher; (PBY) (TA) (NXPI) Lower (more...)
- Market Wrap: Sysco Scoop-Up Competitor; Treasury Sells Out...of GM; OSI Systems Gets Rapi-Slammed
- Sysco (SYY) to Acquire US Foods in $3.5B Deal
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Updates Q4 Outlook; Narrows EPS, Revenue Guidance
Crossing and above:
- Dell Inc. (Nasdaq: DELL) - up 0.5 percent. On a four-session winning streak, should it close higher today. Could be seeing a little extra upside following H-P's announcement earlier of a boosted third-quarter outlook, though that was company-specific news.
- Visteon Corp. (NYSE: VC) - up 8.9 percent. Visteon subject of some takoever chatter. Shares are up 35 percent the last three sessions.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. (NYSE: MHR) - up 1.3 percent. Getting another boost today after announcing it has closed on the acquisition of 1,885 net mineral acres located in Atascosa County, Texas for approximately $2.35 million, implying a net per acre cost of $1,246. With this acquisition, the Company now has approximately 7,278 gross acres and 5,212 net acres located in Atascosa County, Texas.
Shares have been stuck in a $3.50 - $4.50 range over the last several sessions.
- Global Cash Access Holdings (NYSE: GCA) - up 12.6 percent. Beat Q2 EPS views by three cents, though revs were light.
- Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: OWW) - down 24.1 percent. Getting slammed following second-quarter results and light guidance for its third-quarter sales.
- SINA Corporation (Nasdaq: SINA) - down 2.8 percent. SINA tried getting above the 50-day following a long downtrend since March, but couldn't quite stay above the level. The company said it would be reporting Q212 financial results after U.S. markets close on August 15th.
- Apollo Investments (Nasdaq: AINV) - down 3.1 percent. Lower today after reporting in-line Q2 EPS of 20 cents. The number was down from 21 cents in the same period last year, though this year's results excluded a one cent charge. NAV fell 3 percent to $8.55.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/06: (PLUG) (AUXL) (CONN) High; (RAX) (AGNC) Low
- Tilson's Short on Lumber Liquidators (LL) Pops on Raised Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!