Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 07/11: (RF) (MU) (DAL) Above; (WM) (QCOR) (DF) Below
- Market Wrap: Men's Wearhouse/Jos. A. Bank Strike Deal; Fuel Cell Stocks Pop, Drop; Bye, Bye Fannie and Freddie?
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 03/11: (OXGN) (PRMW) (PAY) Higher; (MX) (KTOS) (PLUG) Lower
- Men's Wearhouse (MW) to Acquire Jos. A. Bank (JOSB) for $65/Share Cash
- The End of Fannie (FNMA) and Freddie (FMCC)?
- Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (DKS) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Issues Mixed Q1, FY14 Outlook
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Regions Financial (NYSE: RF) - up 2.5 percent. Got a nod from Goldman earlier, with the firm saying it sees potential upside to Regions into second-quarter numbers. For more color, click here.
Regions looks like its getting some support from the 100-day as well, currently situated at $6.32.
- Micron Technology (Nasdaq: MU) - up 0.1 percent. Having a rough session following first-quarter numbers from peer OCZ Technology (Nasdaq: OCZ) and Tuesday's warnings from Applied Micro (Nasdaq: AMAT).
- Delta Air Lines Inc. (NYSE: DAL) - up 3.5 percent. Delta seeing some upside as peer AMR Corp. (OTCBB: AAMRQ), partent of American Airlines, said it would explore alternatives to enhance shareholder value.
- International Paper (NYSE: IP) - up 3.6 percent. Might also be seeing some upside from the Goldman report, which had the firm getting bullish on Weyerhaeuser (NYSE: WY). Has also been below the 50-day since the start of April, may be poised for a breakout. Earnings are expected on July 26th.
- Suncor Energy Inc. (NYSE: SU) - up 2.4 percent. Also highlighted in the Goldman note. Shares have been tepid as of late, with energy prices fluctuating on fluctuating demand expectations.
- Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE: WM) - down 5.1 percent. Morgan Stanley downgraded the stock from Equalweight to Underweight.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: QCOR) - down 6.4 percent. Questcor is aiming to recover following a negative blog post Tuesday. Shares are over 25 percent lower the last two days.
- Guess? Inc. (NYSE: GES) - down 6.7 percent. Lower following British retailer Burberry's first-quarter numbers, issued earlier. Many in the clothing sector are seeing pressure on the results. For more, click here.
- Dean Foods Co. (NYSE: DF) - down 6.2 percent. Could be moving as soybean production is lower and it could see higher prices for feed due to higher corn prices.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citron Says Plug Power (PLUG) Fair Value is 50 Cents
- OXiGENE (OXGN) to Resume Trading at 4:15PM
- Other Fuel Cell Names on Watch as Plug Power (PLUG) Collapses Mid-Day
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!