K12, Inc. (LRN) Seen as Potential Beneficiary as Trump Names DeVos as Education Secretary
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
K12, Inc. (NYSE: LRN) is seen as a potential beneficiary as Donald Trump naming Betsy DeVos as Education Secretary.
From a recent Detroit News story:
"What we are trying to do is tear down the mindset that assigns students to a school based solely on the zip code of their family's home," DeVos said in an interview with the Philanthropy Roundtable. "We advocate instead for as much freedom as possible. One long-term trend that’s working in our favor is technology. It seems to me that, in the internet age, the tendency to equate 'education' with specific school buildings is going to be greatly diminished."
LRN is the national leader in online learning and school programs for students in kindergarten through high school.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ladder Capital (LADR) to Explore Sale - Reuters
- Exclusive: U.S. warns China it will target firms for illicit North Korea business
- Sears Holdings Announces Board Change