Gun Stocks Gain Early on Trump Victory (SWHC) (RGR)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Gun stocks are bid sharply higher on a Trump victory.
The move higher appears somewhat counter-intuitive as Obama was seen as the sector's best salesman given rhetoric about gun control, which drove sales. Clinton would have fanned these fears while a Trump victory would likely ease them.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tiffany & Co. (TIF) January weekly volatility low into Mrs. Trump gift to Mrs. Obama
- Hain Celestial (HAIN) January calls expiring today active
- Options with increasing volume
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk
Related EntitiesBarack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!