GW Pharma (GWPH), Others Dip as DEA Says Marijuana to Remain Schedule I Substance
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
GW Pharma (NASDAQ: GWPH), Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CARA) and Insys Therapeutics (NASDAQ: INSY) dipped lower after the DEA denied requests to loosen the classification of marijuana as a dangerous drug with no medical use.
In comments earlier, Height Securities analyst Stefanie Miller said should marijuana remain a Schedule I substance the news would be negative especially for GW Pharmaceuticals, but also Insys Therapeutics.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Schlumberger LTD (SLB) January 87 straddle priced for movement of 2.2% into Q4
- Schlumberger LTD (SLB) volatility elevated as shares near 18-month high into Q4
- Procter & Gamble (PG) January volatility elevated at 49 into Q2 and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!