FuelCell (FCEL), Ballard (BLDP), Plug Power (PLUG) on Watch as Peer Files Bankruptcy
- Market Wrap: Adv. Q3 GDP Outpaces; Citi Lowers Q3 Results; Starbucks Percolates in Q3
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Citigroup (C) Adjusts Q3 Results Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/30: (MELI) (GPRO) (AXTI) Higher; (AEGR) (TRMB) (TPX) (SBUX) Lower (more...)
- LinkedIn (LNKD) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; Guides FY14 EPS Above Views
According to market reports, California-based fuel cell manufacturer ClearEdge Power has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. In the filing, the company said it owes over $16.6 million to its 20 largest, unsecured creditors.
ClearEdge also said that none of the largest creditors come from Connecticut, though there are numerous companies, residences, and governments to which the company owes money.
On April 24th, ClearEdge abruptly shut its doors to employees. The company was hoping to land a major contract which was delayed, causing a major cash shortage in the process.
Fuel cell peers are flat-to-lower on Friday's session.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: McDonald's (MCD) Plans Management Streamlining, Changes to U.S. Organizational Structure
- Lakeland Industries (LAKE) Updates on Ebola Efforts; Sees 'Significant' Interest in ChemMAX, MicroMAX Lines
- Kapstone (KS) Taps Advisors to Evaluate MLP - Conf. Call
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!