FuelCell (FCEL), Ballard (BLDP), Plug Power (PLUG) on Watch as Peer Files Bankruptcy
- Market Wrap: Existing Sales Outpace in Sept.; Loeb's Third Point Eyes Amgen; Daimler Exits Tesla; Earnings Galore
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q3 EPS by 22c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/21: (UIS) (SIX) (BRCM) (YHOO) Higher; (NSPH) (HIMX) (CREE) (TSLA) Lower (more...)
- Dan Loeb Discusses Long Amgen (AMGN), eBay (EBAY) and Alibaba (BABA) in Q3 Letter; Sells Sony (SNE)
- Daimler Sells 4% Stake in Tesla (TSLA)
According to market reports, California-based fuel cell manufacturer ClearEdge Power has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. In the filing, the company said it owes over $16.6 million to its 20 largest, unsecured creditors.
ClearEdge also said that none of the largest creditors come from Connecticut, though there are numerous companies, residences, and governments to which the company owes money.
On April 24th, ClearEdge abruptly shut its doors to employees. The company was hoping to land a major contract which was delayed, causing a major cash shortage in the process.
Fuel cell peers are flat-to-lower on Friday's session.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT) attorney says consensual accord with Apple reached - Bloomberg
- Ocwen Financial (OCN) Responds to NY Regulator, Notes Software Errors
- UPDATE: Ocwen Financial (OCN) Moves Sharply Lower; NYDFS Accuses of Backdating Letters to Borrowers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!