FBR Capital Upgrades AMD (AMD) to Outperform Ahead of Results
- Wall St. little changed; tech gains offset energy losses
- Tesla (TSLA) Gains as Panasonic Seeks to Raise $3.9B for Gigafactory
- GDP Annualized (Q2 A) 1.2% vs 2.5% Expected
- BOJ eases policy by doubling ETF buying, underwhelms expectations
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Misses Q2 EPS Views; Production Light of Expectations
Intra-day, FBR Capital upgraded Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NYSE: AMD) from Market Perform to Outperform with a $5.25 price target. The upgrade follows positive comments and raised estimates from the broker earier. FBR said they are "putting our money where our mouth is" with the upgrade.
On the upgrade the firm said, "We do think the company will report strong 2Q results and 3Q guidance on Tuesday after the market close, so this is a somewhat shorter-term call in nature. Our new distributor checks suggest Asian distributors had a stronger-than-expected June quarter and are more positive about 3Q shipment prospects. In addition, recent checks for AMD and the PC supply chain have strengthened."
Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Weeks FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades Dow Chemical (DOW) to Overweight
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) shares drop to session lows
- Wynn Resorts (WYNN) volatility decreases, share price pulls back on Macau table limit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!