FBR Capital Upgrades AMD (AMD) to Outperform Ahead of Results
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Intra-day, FBR Capital upgraded Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NYSE: AMD) from Market Perform to Outperform with a $5.25 price target. The upgrade follows positive comments and raised estimates from the broker earier. FBR said they are "putting our money where our mouth is" with the upgrade.
On the upgrade the firm said, "We do think the company will report strong 2Q results and 3Q guidance on Tuesday after the market close, so this is a somewhat shorter-term call in nature. Our new distributor checks suggest Asian distributors had a stronger-than-expected June quarter and are more positive about 3Q shipment prospects. In addition, recent checks for AMD and the PC supply chain have strengthened."
Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Weeks FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades American Express (AXP) to Overweight
- SLM Corp (SLM) February 12 calls active as shares near eight-year high into Q4 and outlook
- Weight Watchers (WTW) Climbs to Session High, Gaining 9%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!