Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/14: (FB) (FRO) (SPLS) Above; (CIM) (BAC) (NOK) Below
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
Crossing and above:
Crossing and below:
- Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) - up 11.5 percent. Shrugging off a massive lock-up expiration today as investors continue to see better things for the social networking giant in the future. Click here for a little more confidence.
- Frontline (NYSE: FRO) - up 18.6 percent. Moving higher amid Overseas Shipholding (NYSE: OSG) filing for bankruptcy, as at least one firm sees VLCC rates moving higher. For more color, click here.
- Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS) - up 2.2 percent. Beat Q3 EPS expectations by 1 cent, though revs of $6.35 billion were a little light..
Crossing and below:
- Chimera Investment (NYSE: CIM) - down 5.6 percent. Said it would be filing its 10-Q late. For more color, click here.
- Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) - down 3.9 percent. BofA on a three-session slide amid commencing a tender offer for MBIA (NYSE: MBI) debt on Tuesday. Overall, financials are mixed on the session.
- Nokia (NYSE: NOK) - down 1.1 percent. Seeing a little pressure following new data out of Gartner that the mobile phone giant slipped to 7th place from 3rd in terms of total smartphone sales. For more, click here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Instagram (FB) Down for Some Users
- Splunk (SPLK) Ticks Lower into Q2 Results; Traders Look for Upside
- American Apparel (APP) Gain on Mis-Reported Contract
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBank of America, Bankruptcy, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!