Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/01: (NOK) (GMCR) (XOM) Above; (PFE) (EXC) (WPX) Below
- Market Wrap: Manufacturing Index Rises to Multi-Year Highs; Apple: No Breach in Recent Photo Leak; Merger Monday!
- Dollar General (DG) Boosts Offer for Family Dollar (FDO) to $80/Share
- Apple (AAPL) Issues Media Advisory Related to Celebrity Photo Theft
- Thoma Bravo to Acquire Compuware (CPWR) in $2.5B Deal
- Eminence Capital Raises Stake in Zynga (ZNGA) to 5.1%
Crossing and above:
Crossing and below:
- Nokia (NYSE: NOK) - up 6.7 percent. Having been caught between $2.50 and $3 over the last few weeks, Nokia showing some signs of life above the 50-day SMA. Investors may be prepping for the release of Lumia devices in the U.S. and/or reveling in the fact that RIM's (Nasdaq: RIMM) BlackBerry10 launch might not happen until March 2013 now.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (GMCR) (Nasdaq: GMCR) - up 10.3 percent. Announced an exclusive K-Cup deal with Costco (Nasdaq: COST) for its Costco Kirkland Signature brand.
- Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM) - up 0.4 percent. Adding to a three-session winning streak today after reporting better-than-expected third-quarter 2012 EPS of $2.09 earlier. For more color, click here.
- Macy's, Inc. (NYSE: M) - up 6.2 percent. Popping higher after reporting a 4.1 percent increase in October comps, from expectations of just a 4 percent gain.
Crossing and below:
- Pfizer, Inc. (NYSE: PFE) - down 1.1 percent. Lower after reporting in-line EPS of 53 cents on revs of $14 billion today. Investors might be evaluating how far sales will drop from the loss of Lipitor. Pfizer also narrowed fiscal 2012 EPS expectations to a range of $2.14 to $2.17, with the Street at $2.21.
- Exelon Corp. (NYSE: EXC) - down 5.8 percent. After rising early on strong earnings and outlook, shares hit on possible outlook changes from SandyStorm, which hit the East Coast over the weekend and closed U.S. markets on Monday and Tuesday.
- WPX Energy (NYSE: WPX) - down 4.4 percent. WPX lower after reporting a wider-than-expected third-quarter 2012 loss of 23 cents per share. The consensus loss was at 2 cents per share. Volume is heavy on today's move as well, with 6.4 million shares trading Thursday afternoon, versus the daily average of about 2 million shares.
You May Also Be Interested In
- TASER (TASR) Has Significant Technological Lead Over Digital Ally (DGLY), Others - Analyst
- UBS Remains Bullish on Biotech; Achillion Pharma (ACHN) PT Raised to $15 (AMGN) (CELG) (GILD) (MDVN)
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone Suppliers Could See Pullback Following Sept. 9th Event (SWKS) (AVGO) (RFMD)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!