Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/01: (NOK) (GMCR) (XOM) Above; (PFE) (EXC) (WPX) Below
- Market Wrap: Revised Q2 GDP Ramps Higher; Telecom Italia Makes Run at Vivendi's GVT; Apple Affirms Sept. Event
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/28: (UEPS) (VEEV) (SPLK) Higher; (ZOES) Lower (more...)
- Personal Consumption, Private Investment Boost Revised Q2 GDP Results (SPY) (DIA) (QQQ)
- Omnivision (OVTI) Tops Q1 EPS by 39c; Issues Confident Q2 Outlook
- Markets Nervous as Russia/Ukraine War Games Heat Up
Crossing and above:
Crossing and below:
- Nokia (NYSE: NOK) - up 6.7 percent. Having been caught between $2.50 and $3 over the last few weeks, Nokia showing some signs of life above the 50-day SMA. Investors may be prepping for the release of Lumia devices in the U.S. and/or reveling in the fact that RIM's (Nasdaq: RIMM) BlackBerry10 launch might not happen until March 2013 now.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (GMCR) (Nasdaq: GMCR) - up 10.3 percent. Announced an exclusive K-Cup deal with Costco (Nasdaq: COST) for its Costco Kirkland Signature brand.
- Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM) - up 0.4 percent. Adding to a three-session winning streak today after reporting better-than-expected third-quarter 2012 EPS of $2.09 earlier. For more color, click here.
- Macy's, Inc. (NYSE: M) - up 6.2 percent. Popping higher after reporting a 4.1 percent increase in October comps, from expectations of just a 4 percent gain.
Crossing and below:
- Pfizer, Inc. (NYSE: PFE) - down 1.1 percent. Lower after reporting in-line EPS of 53 cents on revs of $14 billion today. Investors might be evaluating how far sales will drop from the loss of Lipitor. Pfizer also narrowed fiscal 2012 EPS expectations to a range of $2.14 to $2.17, with the Street at $2.21.
- Exelon Corp. (NYSE: EXC) - down 5.8 percent. After rising early on strong earnings and outlook, shares hit on possible outlook changes from SandyStorm, which hit the East Coast over the weekend and closed U.S. markets on Monday and Tuesday.
- WPX Energy (NYSE: WPX) - down 4.4 percent. WPX lower after reporting a wider-than-expected third-quarter 2012 loss of 23 cents per share. The consensus loss was at 2 cents per share. Volume is heavy on today's move as well, with 6.4 million shares trading Thursday afternoon, versus the daily average of about 2 million shares.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Instagram (FB) Down for Some Users
- Deutsche Telekom AG (DTEGY) Opens Talks on T-Mobile (TMUS) at $35/Share
- GoPro (GPRO) Taps Session Highs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!