Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/17: (HAL) (USB) (ITMN) Above; (FB) (CNC) (IBM) Below
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
Crossing and above:
- Halliburton Company (NYSE: HAL) - up 1.4 percent. Reported third-quarter EPS of 67 cents, which was in-line with consensus views. Click here for more color.
- U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) - up percent. Stemming an eight-session slide on in-line quarterly results today. US Bancorp reported Q3 EPS of 74 cents, flat to consensus views.
- InterMune, Inc. (Nasdaq: ITMN) - up percent. Reported that on October 16, 2012, the Journal Officiel de la République Française (the official gazette of the French Republic, which serves as the primary source by which the national government of France disseminates legal information about its activities) published the price of Esbriet (pirfenidone). The publication of price in the Journal Officiel is the final step in the reimbursement process for a new medicine in France. As announced by InterMune, Inc. on September 11, 2012, the Comité Economique des Produits de Santé (France’s Economic Committee on Health Care Products) authorized an ex-factory reimbursed price of 1.923,08€ for a four-week treatment pack of Esbriet, corresponding to 25,000€ per patient, per year (approximately $32,000 USD at the then current exchange rates). InterMune expects to commence the commercial launch of Esbriet in France for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) in the second half of November 2012.
- Centene Corporation (NYSE: CNC) - up 10.3 percent. Announced today that its subsidiary, Kentucky Spirit Health Plan (Kentucky Spirit), has notified the Cabinet for Health and Family Services that it is exercising a contractual right that it believes allows Kentucky Spirit to terminate its Medicaid managed care contract with the Commonwealth of Kentucky effective July 5, 2013. In addition, Kentucky Spirit has filed a formal dispute with the Cabinet for damages incurred under the contract.
- Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) - up 2.2 percent. Higher amid positive comments out of Wedge Partners today. Analyst Martin Pyykkonen said that the social media giant is near a turning point as positive ROIs are being generated and it is further along in generating revenue from mobile advertising than the consensus believes.
Shares got back above $20 at one point, but have slipped below the level once again in late trading Wednesday. The 50-day SMA is calculated at $20.34 currently.
- International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE: IBM) - down 5.1 percent. Dipping Wednesday following a third-quarter miss issued late Tuesday. For more color on the numbers, click here.
- Align Technology Inc. (Nasdaq: ALGN) - down 7.2 percent. Align getting below the $36 support level into its third-quarter report tomorrow. The company is expected to report EPS of 29 cents on revs of $140.1 million.
- Dover Corp. (NYSE: DOV) - down 2.0 percent. Beat Q3 EPS views by 4 cents, but said it expects FY12 EPS of $4.55 to $4.65, versus the consensus of $4.69.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 9/19: (CNQR) (DRC) (JBLU) Higher; (ESI) (CRR) (TIBX) Lower (more...)
- TransCanada Corp. (TRP) Issues Commentary Following Recent Market Chatter
- UPDATE: Invensense (INVN) Gains Amid iPhone 6 Teardown Reports; Suppliers on Watch
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!