Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/16: (NOK) (HAL) (STT) Above; (BRO) (VIP) (OMC) Below
- Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS, Sales Beat
- Baidu.com (BIDU) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c; Issues Q2 Revs Outlook
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 04/24: (KOOL) (SGYP) (MPET) Higher; (HEAR) (CLFD) (SILC) Lower
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.44; Announces 7-for-1 Stock Split
Crossing and above:
- Nokia Corporation (NYSE: NOK) - up 5.2 percent. Shares moving higher as chatter surrounding Microsoft's (Nasdaq: MSFT) Windows 8 heats up and it could be possible that most of the bad news surrounding the Company's upcoming third-quarter report is already priced in. Results are expected out next week.
- Halliburton (NYSE: HAL) - up 2.0 percent. Credit Suisse started coverage at Outperform earlier. Shares are also above the $34.25 resistance level, which has been seen over the last several trading sessions.
- State Street Corp. (NYSE: STT) - up 4.8 percent. Reported Q3 EPS of $0.99 this morning, which was 3 cents better than the analyst estimate of $0.96.
- AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG) - up 8.3 percent. Entered a security partnership with Facebook (Nasdaq: FB).
- Brown & Brown, Inc. (NYSE: BRO) - down 3.3 percent. Reported Q3 EPS of 34 cents, missing views by 1 cent. Revs were light at $303.8 million.
- VimpelCom Ltd. (NYSE: VIP) - down 2.3 percent. Lower as MegaFon is slated to commence its IPO. VimpelCom owns a 50 percent stake in the Russian telecom. Sharesare also getting below the $11 support level today.
- Omnicom Group, Inc. (NYSE: OMC) - down 2.9 percent. Earlier today, reported Q3 EPS of $0.74, versus the consensus of $0.73. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.41 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.41 billion.
Shares also moving well below $51.50 support.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) Turns Positive Ahead of FQ3 Report
- Navient (NAVIV) will replace SLM Corp. (SLM) in the S&P 500; Under Armour Inc. (UA) will replace Beam Inc. (BEAM) in the S&P 500
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Resumes Trading Up 7%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!