Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/08: (PLCM) (ARNA) (MWW) Above; (FB) (SYMC) Below
- Chiquita Brands (CQB), Fyffes plc Enter Merger Agreement
- FMC Corp. (FMC) Plans Split into Two, Publicly-Traded Companies
- United Rentals (URI) Acquires National Pump for $780M
- Ford (F) Director Emeritus William Clay Ford Died
- Markets Pressured as China Export Data Shows Sharp Drop in Feb. (FXI) (UUP)
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Ploycom (Nasdaq: PLCM) - up 8.5 percent. Had a few news releases out today with new product and technology announcements. Items included RealPresence Platform, VisualEdge Executive Desktop, and others.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - up 1.3 percent. Arena making a move above the moving average following positive news for VIVUS (Nasdaq: VVUA) Qsymia earlier.
- Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW) - up 10.4 percent. Shares have been volatile lately, with investors anticipating some sort of M&A announcement. The 50-day SMA is currently situated at $7.34.
- Cliffs Natural (NYSE: CLF) - up 5.8 percent. Popping on a rise in iron ore prices, as reported over the weekend. Prices increased 6 percent to $110.40 per ton in China, according to The Streel Index.
- Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) - down 2.5 percent. Lower following a BTIG downgrade earlier.
- Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) - down 1.5 percent. Showing a little weakness following Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) making some job cuts at its McAfee unit.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Regeneron (REGN) Advised by FDA on PCSK9 Adverse Events
- Plug Power (PLUG) on Watch
- NanoViricides (NNVC) Denies SeekingAlpha Rumor It's Being Acquired
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesLayoffs, McAfee Intel Merger, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!