Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/08: (PLCM) (ARNA) (MWW) Above; (FB) (SYMC) Below
- Market Wrap: Home Prices Gain at Slower Pace; Twitter Soars in Q2; Ford Opts for Apple
- Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) Posts Q2 EPS of 2c/Share, Beats Views; Guides FY14 Revs Above Expectations
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/29: (TWTR) (ZLTQ) (X) Higher; (NTRI) (BWLD) (DWA) Lower (more...)
- Amgen, Inc. (AMGN) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- Carl Icahn Sells Nearly 4M Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (FDO) Shares
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Ploycom (Nasdaq: PLCM) - up 8.5 percent. Had a few news releases out today with new product and technology announcements. Items included RealPresence Platform, VisualEdge Executive Desktop, and others.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - up 1.3 percent. Arena making a move above the moving average following positive news for VIVUS (Nasdaq: VVUA) Qsymia earlier.
- Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW) - up 10.4 percent. Shares have been volatile lately, with investors anticipating some sort of M&A announcement. The 50-day SMA is currently situated at $7.34.
- Cliffs Natural (NYSE: CLF) - up 5.8 percent. Popping on a rise in iron ore prices, as reported over the weekend. Prices increased 6 percent to $110.40 per ton in China, according to The Streel Index.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Tesla Motors (TSLA) /Panasonic Reach Battery Agreement - Nikkei
- Herbalife (HLF) Ticks Higher, Shorts Expand Positions into Q2 Report
- 3D Systems (DDD): Modest Short Covering Into Q2 Print
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesLayoffs, McAfee Intel Merger, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!