Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 09/07: (ACI) (LCC) (NAV) Above; (KFT) (MWW) (LUV) Below
- Market Wrap: Revised Q2 GDP Ramps Higher; Telecom Italia Makes Run at Vivendi's GVT; Apple Affirms Sept. Event
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/28: (UEPS) (VEEV) (SPLK) Higher; (ZOES) Lower (more...)
- Personal Consumption, Private Investment Boost Revised Q2 GDP Results (SPY) (DIA) (QQQ)
- Omnivision (OVTI) Tops Q1 EPS by 39c; Issues Confident Q2 Outlook
- Markets Nervous as Russia/Ukraine War Games Heat Up
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Arch Coal (NYSE: ACI) - up 9.8 percent. Popping amid China announces $158 billion in new infrastructure expansion spending. Atch is actually on a three-session winning streak as well today, moving off of levels that were near annual lows.
- US Airways (NYSE: LCC) - up 6.2 percent. US Airways higher on more AMR Corp. (OTCBB: AAMRQ) chatter today. Reports from the AP have an attorney representing creditors at AMR insisting that the airline strike a deal with pilots before emerging from bankruptcy. That was later interpreted to mean that AMR would be able to emerge without making a deal, giving leverage to the pilots.
The pilots, for their part, want a merger for AMR. Hence, things are looking brighter for US Air if the reports at to be believed.
- Navistar Int'l (NYSE: NAV) - up 3.7 percent. Following Thursday's earnings report, analysts were mixed today. Barclays, UBS, and Jefferies adjusted numbers today. For more color, click here.
- Calix Inc. (NYSE: CALX) - up 9.2 percent. Director Dona Listwin disclosed the purchase of 31,117 shares on September 5th, for an average weighted price of $5.182. For more, click here.
- Kraft Foods Inc. (Nasdaq: KFT) - down 5.9 percent. Dropping below the 50-day SMA after issuing a growth outlook earlier. The stock had previously been trading at annual highs before today's dip.
- Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW) - down 8.2 percent. Shares are volatile on Friday's session following lackluster nonfarm numbers, but a dip in unemployment as well. Monster was in positive territory most of the session,, slipping below the 50-day at $7.85 this afternoon.
- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) - down 0.9 percent. Lower on August traffic results. YTD load factor is relatively flat compared with the same period last year.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Instagram (FB) Down for Some Users
- Splunk (SPLK) Ticks Lower into Q2 Results; Traders Look for Upside
- Image Sensing Systems (ISNS) Mentioned Negatively at GEO Investing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUBS, Jefferies & Co, Barclays, Dividend, Bankruptcy, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!