Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 09/07: (ACI) (LCC) (NAV) Above; (KFT) (MWW) (LUV) Below
- Market Wrap: Initial Claims Show Modest Gain; GE Bring on Q1 Beat; Wal-mart Gets into Money-Transfer Game
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 04/17: (AMD) (SCSS) Higher; (ACTG) (AVGO) (ATHN) Lower
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Sees Q2 Revs +/- 3% Q/Q
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) Misses Q1 EPS by 5c
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Arch Coal (NYSE: ACI) - up 9.8 percent. Popping amid China announces $158 billion in new infrastructure expansion spending. Atch is actually on a three-session winning streak as well today, moving off of levels that were near annual lows.
- US Airways (NYSE: LCC) - up 6.2 percent. US Airways higher on more AMR Corp. (OTCBB: AAMRQ) chatter today. Reports from the AP have an attorney representing creditors at AMR insisting that the airline strike a deal with pilots before emerging from bankruptcy. That was later interpreted to mean that AMR would be able to emerge without making a deal, giving leverage to the pilots.
The pilots, for their part, want a merger for AMR. Hence, things are looking brighter for US Air if the reports at to be believed.
- Navistar Int'l (NYSE: NAV) - up 3.7 percent. Following Thursday's earnings report, analysts were mixed today. Barclays, UBS, and Jefferies adjusted numbers today. For more color, click here.
- Calix Inc. (NYSE: CALX) - up 9.2 percent. Director Dona Listwin disclosed the purchase of 31,117 shares on September 5th, for an average weighted price of $5.182. For more, click here.
- Kraft Foods Inc. (Nasdaq: KFT) - down 5.9 percent. Dropping below the 50-day SMA after issuing a growth outlook earlier. The stock had previously been trading at annual highs before today's dip.
- Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW) - down 8.2 percent. Shares are volatile on Friday's session following lackluster nonfarm numbers, but a dip in unemployment as well. Monster was in positive territory most of the session,, slipping below the 50-day at $7.85 this afternoon.
- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) - down 0.9 percent. Lower on August traffic results. YTD load factor is relatively flat compared with the same period last year.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Google (GOOG) Posts Q1 adj.-EPS of $6.27; CPCs Fell 9%, Paid Clicks Rose 26%
- UPDATE: Alibaba Peers on Watch After Revenue Surges (BIDU) (SINA)
- UPDATE: StreetSweeper.org Negative on Cyberonics (CYBX)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUBS, Jefferies & Co, Barclays, Dividend, Bankruptcy, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!