Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 08/27: (HMA) (INTU) (D) Above; (ARNA) AA) (LUV) Below
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY14 Guidance; Updates Growth Targets
- Hilton Worldwide (HLT) IPO Opens at $21.30
- Fidelity, Silicon Valley VCs Want You to Open Your Wallet to Bitcoin
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/12: (GNVC) (NLP) (ZN) Higher; (IMUC) (SPPR) (SYN) Lower
- Initial Jobless Claims Spike Higher, But Market May Take it in Stride
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Health Management Associates (NYSE: HMA) - up 5.3 percent. Health Management leading the segment higher as shares move above the $7.09 50-day SMA level.
- Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) - up 1.2 percent. Forming a nice channel higher with a tight $2 trading range. The 20-, 50-, and 100-day patterns are currently all within $1 of each other, reinforcing the consistency of Intuit shares right now.
- Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE: D) - up 1.1 percent. Jefferies issued positive comments on Dominion earlier, keeping a Buy rating and $61 price target.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARNA) - down 6.5 percent. Though Arena is up on the session, the stock has been holding below the 50-day SMA since falling below the level at the end of July. The pharma is well-off all-time highs of $13.50 since getting FDA approval for Belviq in June.
- Alcoa (NYSE: AA) - down 1.5 percent. Pressured as Russian aluminum giant RUSAL reported a 95.3 percent drop in profits for the first six-months of 20121 and lowered its aluminum growth outlook for 2012. For more, click here.
- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) - down 1.3 percent. Lower as tropical storm Isaac bears down on the northern Gulf Coast. The airline is reportedly cancelling flights in and out of New Orleans due to the weather.
The airline will also close lower for the fourth consecutive session if things don't shape up today. That will offset most of a five-session run before the slump.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Active as Spotify Introduces New Features (AAPL) (GOOG)
- Traders Pressure UDR, Inc. (UDR) Following Recent Run
- Facebook Set to Join the S&P 100 & 500
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!