Argus Positive on Recent Trading in Baker Hughes (BHI); Highlights Potential Breakout Point
- Earnings lift S&P to two-week high; M&A supports
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Argus is out with a technical call on Baker Hughes (NYSE: BHI).
The firm said today:
The technical picture for the BHI stock is beginning to look more encouraging. On August 15, the shares broke above a double top that had been set at $49. They also broke above their bearish resistance line to turn the trend on the stock to positive.
We would expect BHI to see support at $44, which is just above the bullish support line and is our stop-loss. A move to $41 would represent a point-and-figure sell signal below the support line, and would be a final stop. We would expect the shares to see resistance near $58, which was a significant top last year and is where we would consider taking profits.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baker Hughes (BHI) October weekly 52 straddle priced for movement of 3.8% into Q3
- UPDATE: Cvent, Inc. (CVT) Active on Reports of DOJ Probe into Deal
- Trading Radar for 10/25: Apple (AAPL), Caterpillar (CAT), Chipotle (CMG), Under Armour (UA), Juniper (JNPR) Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTechnicals, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!