Argus Positive on Recent Trading in Baker Hughes (BHI); Highlights Potential Breakout Point
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Argus is out with a technical call on Baker Hughes (NYSE: BHI).
The firm said today:
The technical picture for the BHI stock is beginning to look more encouraging. On August 15, the shares broke above a double top that had been set at $49. They also broke above their bearish resistance line to turn the trend on the stock to positive.
We would expect BHI to see support at $44, which is just above the bullish support line and is our stop-loss. A move to $41 would represent a point-and-figure sell signal below the support line, and would be a final stop. We would expect the shares to see resistance near $58, which was a significant top last year and is where we would consider taking profits.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baker Hughes (BHI) total rig count 659; 522 oil rigs, 136 gas rigs
- Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM) January calls active
- Bank of the Ozarks (OZRK) call put ratio 7 calls to 1 put into Q4 and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTechnicals, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!